Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Been really busy

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:13 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Default Been really busy

He knows who he is stopped by on youtube
Been very busy the past year. Bought a car and started R&D on in about April of last year. About done and will get some finally dyno numbers soon. But so far it made over 700rwhp on 91 and still has lots in it. Pegged the maf and probably the stock fuel pumps. I expect another 100 rwhp or so once the fuel and tune are worked out, The put some timing back in it.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Gregski
3rd Gear Member

this was pretty much over my head so I went looking for some of your other posts and your work is mind blowing, great stuff, so I may resurrect some of your old abandoned threads, like My new heap. Another ugly coupe hope you don't mind, we would like to see how things turned out
Old 03-14-2011, 05:37 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

heheheeee :-) holy crap. how did you possibly get those two jet engines in there?
any plans on where you'll pick up fresh air?
I'm not good with dimensions, but that radiator in the front is probably crying for help when you fire that thing up *g*
Old 03-14-2011, 12:26 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Man, I moved those turbos no less than 6 times. I would get one side right where I wanted it, the symmetrically equal, the other side would hit something, or be to close. This car doesn't have a heat exchanger though. It has and air to air or an air to water outside the engine. So it won't need one either way. It's not going to get fresh air really. As much as I hate it. Ford just leave the room of provision. The CAI they have on this, aren't really CAI. They block out the heat with a barrier and pick up what it can with the holes up front. But I chose good cores and seems to be working well so far. Put ice in the tank for cooler and the inlets temps were 42 deg F with the hood closed and under boost.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:17 AM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Oh, PS. I have been working again on the 69. owner decided to finish it, play with it and eventually sell. But finish it first. I'll has some stuff up one of these days. A little visual progress, but nothing really pic worthy.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:40 AM
kalli
6th Gear Member

looking forward to seeing that. it's some build :-) haven't heard the idea of putting ice into the tank.. well if it comes in spillfree plastic cubes .. why the hell not.
other than the pickup from front there's no other possible air intake unless you could use the hood for it. I'm still impressed how this all fit in there.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 AM
69FB
4th Gear Member

Glad to see you back posting. Understand when you say you've been busy it really shows. Do you have pics of the exterior of the Shelby? My brother has an 07 ShelbyGT/SC and he loves it.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Cold air was possible, but compromises I didn't want. the ABS would have had to be moved. That would be a deal breaker for most, especially guys who would be paying for the install. They are really fun cars. Only complaint is they are very heavy. Some pics of it when I bought it and dynoed stock with a CAI and fr500 mufflers.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:12 PM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Trying to get a hold of the boost control. She goes to 16.7iirc at about 4800 and bleeds to 15.5 at 6k. This is on wonderful Ca 91. But happy so far. May go back and play with the timing. Fairly conservative AFR w/ timing under 20, but numbers so far are

739 @ 6100
693 @ 5100

Of course the internet is down at the dyno shop so I will have to get graphs later. Going back to work on more boost and level it out. I did get the end of a run to 17.4 But inlets are higher with it being 80 in the shop now, resulting in similar numbers. I'll try to fool with it a bit more and see if there is any left. I won't spend too much time on it though. Looking to do some MS109 pulls tonight
Old 04-12-2011, 12:09 AM
cprstreetmachines
4th Gear Member

Almost blew it up goofing with the controler lol. Overboost sentit to 817/813 at 5200 when i jumped out of it.

this is the 15.5 pull

Quick Reply: Been really busy