Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Trunk weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 10:39 PM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dennis Marks
Looks great. Where did you order yours? I am going to call Laurel Mtn Mustang tomorrow to be sure the one they sell is DC's. I found one but they had a minimum order. What glue did you use? I know the correct kind is the yellow, but I would rather use something else. That's the info I needed about the rubber. Thanks a lot.
Not my car, that was taken of a newly restored car in front of Glazier/Nolan Mustang Barn a couple weeks ago. They supplied the weatherstripping, of course, and most everything else, too.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:00 PM
mortman
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dennis Marks
We have a few things in common-trunk problems and a long project. My project is in it's 5th year now. What steering wheel are you using? My Grant is a real problem but I got few suggestions as to how to try fix it before I buy a different one.
Dennis, Mine had a grant in bad shape, repaced with another grant because i liked the look...... but it suck to use! when it really pisses me odd its roing for a ride in the garbage can.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Dennis Marks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mortman
Dennis, Mine had a grant in bad shape, repaced with another grant because i liked the look...... but it suck to use! when it really pisses me odd its roing for a ride in the garbage can.
Looks like I might just bite the bullet and get a different brand, but the thing is almost new. I also like the look, but if it won't work properly... I thought someone would have spoken up with a better brand. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Rick@NPD

Dennis, our 65-66 coupe/conv trunk weatherstrip comes from Daniel Carpenter. But he's getting them made in China. I've got some U.S.-made Carpenter weatherstrips for other applications that indeed seem softer, so I'm going to have my Ford Project Manager look deeper into this to see if Carpenter is still running the 65-66 extrusions here in the U.S., and what the cost-difference is. We could be carrying both. In any case, this is purely FYI, and you can contact me directly if you'd like a refund on the first two weatherstrips...

Rick
NPD
ricks@npdlink.com
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Dennis Marks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rick@NPD
Dennis, our 65-66 coupe/conv trunk weatherstrip comes from Daniel Carpenter. But he's getting them made in China. I've got some U.S.-made Carpenter weatherstrips for other applications that indeed seem softer, so I'm going to have my Ford Project Manager look deeper into this to see if Carpenter is still running the 65-66 extrusions here in the U.S., and what the cost-difference is. We could be carrying both. In any case, this is purely FYI, and you can contact me directly if you'd like a refund on the first two weatherstrips...

Rick
NPD
ricks@npdlink.com
That's very nice of you. I bought every piece of my car that I replaced from you guys, My car was a shell when I started and I replaced every piece of chrome and everything else inside and out. The guys in Charlotte are great to work with. Out of my entire car, the Grant steering wheel and the trunk weather stripping were all I had a problem with. I do not have
e-mail on this computer so I will e-mail you tomorrow. Thanks again for the offer.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:48 PM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Just if it makes a difference, I've gotten a few parts from Laurel Mountain mustang so far and I'm completely satisfied. Just purchased my '67/68 weatherstrip kit. Won't be installing it anytime soon but the parts look to be of good quality and appear to be from the same US manufacturer.
Just giving a little feedback there.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Dennis Marks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hightower2011
Just if it makes a difference, I've gotten a few parts from Laurel Mountain mustang so far and I'm completely satisfied. Just purchased my '67/68 weatherstrip kit. Won't be installing it anytime soon but the parts look to be of good quality and appear to be from the same US manufacturer.
Just giving a little feedback there.
Thanks, I ordered the Daniel Carpenter stuff last night. I will let you know how I like it. Very inexpensive. Trunk weatherstripping was less than $10.00.