Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Inner rocker Q:

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:09 AM
jgemperline
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CyprusMustang
update............just installed the inner rocker and noticed that the fukin thing is a little bent. in the rear it sits well and towards the front it curves inwards about an inch. is this supposed to be like this?
Do you mean installed or testfit? I would think it would be hard to instal with a inch gap. Mine was straight front to back. Top to bottom ( not correct). Is your door on? If so how does it lineup or is it obvious it was damaged during shipment?
Old 04-24-2011, 03:31 AM
CyprusMustang
3rd Gear Member

both not installed and installed. i held up a straight edge beam i have to the rocker and it is 1 inch different on the one side. anyway i set it on the ground with some chucks of wood and have the car resting on it to bend it back straight. ill let you know tonight if it worked. mustangs ultd will be getting a call from me tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 PM
CyprusMustang
3rd Gear Member

im taking the rockers tomorrow to a metal dude whos an expert welder im gonna have him chop it at one of the welds and re weld it straight. should do the trick. then im gonna weld the inner rocker in place and move on to the torque box. then can wrap up the floor pans and done with one side. sounds so easy hows your progress going? photobucket up yet?
Old 04-30-2011, 02:08 AM
jgemperline
1st Gear Member

Not Mitch to report. I have my patches done and every thing clamped down. Should be welded on in the morning.
wish me luck.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:54 PM
CyprusMustang
3rd Gear Member

im about at the same position as you, took pictures but wayy tooo tired to post. will post tomorrow. i welded in my inner rocker, all done with that. now just have to replace my inner frame rail, i will be removing the old one tomorrow and will have a metal guy bend me a new one on monday. can be done very easy as its just a straight beam.

as for the inner rocker. its half inch lower in the front so im gonna have to massage the hell out of the tb to get it in. not sure why it came so much lower. besides that i had the tb curve a half inch inwards too.

as for tb, i split them up as everyone say as it was the only way possible. I also tack welded in the rear floor pan piece as i had nothing else to do today. ordered some new firewall extensions (toe board pieces) as my area needs the replacement.

moving along veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowww
Old 04-30-2011, 09:03 PM
pimp2303
2nd Gear Member

can someone show me a picture of the inner rocker panel from under the car. is it supposed to loop down and almost create like a a circle when the outter and inner are welded together. The reason I asked is because the upper part of my inner rockers are in really good shape. so that kind of confused me on if they need to be replaced.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:15 PM
CyprusMustang
3rd Gear Member

ill try and take some pics for you and post them. my upper part of my inner rockers were all intact but when you put your hand underneath the car, it was empty, they were rotted out. its as though i didnt have half the inner rockers. actually 70% rotted out.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
pimp2303
2nd Gear Member

Ahh, so mines need replacing also.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:39 PM
CyprusMustang
3rd Gear Member

any news anyone? i just ordered some frame rails and will attempt to put them on tomorrow.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 PM
jgemperline
1st Gear Member

Sorry about the delay. I was sick all week. I'm just welding things together now. Should be working on the rear rail this weekend. Never thought I would see the day
Cyprus you don't mean your full front rail do you?

Quick Reply: Inner rocker Q: