Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

69 Mach1 Interior help

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:39 AM
beastfromtheeast

Default 69 Mach1 Interior help

Hi,

I am restoring my Mach 1. The previous owner had kept the car car badly, it rotted, he tried to do a repair(!) it, and now I am left putting a jigsaw puzzle.

I am in India, and have had most of the metal remade (as against importing the panels from America - which would have been very expensive). But I am having some problems. The diagrams in the restoration guide aren't a help.

Can someone post large images of the rear seat brackets etc? (pictures of the interior without the trims/seats in place). I also need to know what comes behind the seat (I don't have the fold down seat). Is it just an empty space? or is it open to the boot?

None of the Interior trim has survived, so I will be buying/fabricating it all. I understand there are sail panels (with lights) on either sides. Package/parcel tray which is curved. trim pieces holding the sail panels and the tray. Caps that fit near the shoulder of the rear seat. Am I missing any other piece? is there one between the glass and the tray?

Here are some pictures

Also can someone direct me to a site that sells the windscreen, and rear window clips/hardware? And the passenger side dash wood trim. As you can see, I have nothing.

Thanks for any and all help.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Wow, you have quite a job on your hands. It's a pity that shipping would be such a problem, most of what you need is available new. As for the details, you should get a copy of the 69 Interior Assembly Manual. That, at least, should not run too much.

Many places sell these, this one is expert at keeping export prices low:

http://www.mustangbarn.com/
http://www.mustangbarn.com/catalog.pdf

The space behind the seat is indeed visible from the trunk side.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:26 PM
beastfromtheeast

@2+2GT: I am getting quite alot of stuff from the States: Mechanicals, cosmetics etc. But the metal work in India is very good, and economical. I just need some clear pictures of the various brackets which hold the trim pieces to replicate them/ check whats missing.

Will try and get that manual. - I have the restoration manuals with the exploded views, but they aren't much help, too many lines criss crossing. Its quite confusing if your are trying to figure out small brackets.

Last edited by beastfromtheeast; 04-17-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Some of the steel parts you're missing were stamped from sheets textured to match the vinyl interior.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
beastfromtheeast

I will either replicate those or buy them, but I need to fabricate the brackets that hold these pieces to the body. I think I have most, but am missing a few. I require the photos to check on those.

I check out this great site: http://www.relicrecyclery.com/groovy...roovygreen.htm
I think he is a member here. but the photos are too small (even after clicking them) to pick out details.