Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

65 mustang MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXHAUST WITH X-PIPE KIT 2.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:38 PM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Default 65 mustang MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXHAUST WITH X-PIPE KIT 2.5

http://www.cjponyparts.com/magnaflow...5-1966/p/CBG1/

http://www.cjponyparts.com/jba-exhau...5-1966/p/CBJ7/

These are the two kits im looking at looking for feed back on them from people that have them i could speculate all day about them my self. Im looking at the ones that go through the rear valance gt style. Any one have any pictures of them installed. wondering what both styles tips look like. Also looking for an under side pic as i run sump tank and and electric pump.

Any other exhausts that people have used for a rear exit must be gt. Considering side exhaust but idk they seem to look weird without side skirts as they hang to low. Dont really want to run shelby style either as they dont look good to me.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 AM
steveh326

Originally Posted by jp1967stang
http://www.cjponyparts.com/magnaflow...5-1966/p/CBG1/

http://www.cjponyparts.com/jba-exhau...5-1966/p/CBJ7/

These are the two kits im looking at looking for feed back on them from people that have them i could speculate all day about them my self. Im looking at the ones that go through the rear valance gt style. Any one have any pictures of them installed. wondering what both styles tips look like. Also looking for an under side pic as i run sump tank and and electric pump.

Any other exhausts that people have used for a rear exit must be gt. Considering side exhaust but idk they seem to look weird without side skirts as they hang to low. Dont really want to run shelby style either as they dont look good to me.
sorry I can't help but I am waiting to see what replies you get, cause I am in the same boat. IMO the flowmasters are too loud for my old ears, but I don't want anything as quiet as the stock setup. I like the JBAs, but they don't come with an H/X pipe, although I guess one could be added. I haven't heard either tho. magnaflow says slight mods for convertible, which I have, not sure what they are and if I can do the mods or would need muffler shop to bend pipe, etc.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by steveh326
sorry I can't help but I am waiting to see what replies you get, cause I am in the same boat. IMO the flowmasters are too loud for my old ears, but I don't want anything as quiet as the stock setup. I like the JBAs, but they don't come with an H/X pipe, although I guess one could be added. I haven't heard either tho. magnaflow says slight mods for convertible, which I have, not sure what they are and if I can do the mods or would need muffler shop to bend pipe, etc.
Ya i really want to know what the tips look like also i dont think i want the stock trumpets anymore but a straight pipe would look to small in the hole. so im wondering. Cant find anything on the internet people with either and going throught the rear valance
Old 06-09-2011, 12:03 PM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone on here remember what the sn name of the kid whos young has 65 or 66 fastback, two tone of 2 shades of gray, resto mod style. Think he had a jba system and it showed pictures.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

I got a Magnaflow kit like the one you linked off of ebay for about $100 less. The X pipe and off center gas tank make aligning it a bit more work but I like it. The kit comes with polished turn-down extensions I ran below the valance. If you want anything other than a straight stainless outlet you'll have to shop around.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 PM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KMatch
I got a Magnaflow kit like the one you linked off of ebay for about $100 less. The X pipe and off center gas tank make aligning it a bit more work but I like it. The kit comes with polished turn-down extensions I ran below the valance. If you want anything other than a straight stainless outlet you'll have to shop around.
do you still have the old tips for through valance install. I dont mind the straight i just want them to be big enough so it does not look weird coming through the valance. A 2.5 in pipe through the valance would look really small im wondering what the tip looks like is it bigger and angle cut or ?
Old 06-09-2011, 01:52 PM
KMatch
2nd Gear Member

The ONLY tips I got were turn-down. They fit on short extensions that may or may not be suitable to go through a valance, but I doubt they'd look good. You might verify which type comes with the kit you selected and you might be able to get what you want from the seller.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 PM
jp1967stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KMatch
The ONLY tips I got were turn-down. They fit on short extensions that may or may not be suitable to go through a valance, but I doubt they'd look good. You might verify which type comes with the kit you selected and you might be able to get what you want from the seller.
The two kits above list tips for through the valance doesnt really give the size of them either anywhere. Just wondering because to buy tips your looking around 100 dollars plus for magnaflow. JBA doesnt even list tips. I know i dont want knock off tips but the system is not worth the 550 if i have to spend another 100 or so.