Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #11
2+2GT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 66 Mustang 2+2GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtintwo View Post
IMO you would be better off with the newer bellhousing, newer starter and a hydrolic clutch. This way any parts you need to buy for it will either be for an 89 or a 66.
Why '89? The '89 used a cable clutch, not a hydraulic. If he goes with a stock setup, then everything will be '66. No guesswork, no need to memorize each part source.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2+2GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:48 AM   #12
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 66 coupe

i did this in my 66 and the hydro clutch was totally easy and i love it. the pedal has a great feel and the stainless hose i used is totally out of the way.

I even pieced the parts togethr from an offraod shop here close to the house and it was pretty cheap too
66 coupe, Tuff Dawg forged 10.5:1 - 331, T5, TRick Flow heads, Stealth Intake, Holley 670 Street Avenger, Centerforce Clutch, Headman Headers, Ford Motorsports E303 Cam, 8.8 explorer rear end .373 gears, Cobra 4 wheel disc brakes, 17" TT2's
MonsterBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #13
importsmasher
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 Ford Mustang, 2005 Mustang GT Convertible

Thanks for all the advice!! I will either go with stock linkage or the hydraulic setup. At the moment, I only have the pedals, not any of the stock linkage, so either way I am starting from scratch. I have saved the link to the hydraulic setup, so I can refer to it if I go that route. For the time being, I will locate a T5 bell housing and then decide which clutch setup I want to use.
Again, thanks for the help!!!
Importsmasher
importsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #14
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 66 coupe

FYI

i have two extra T5 bell housings and also a next to new hurst shifter for a T5. If you are interested let me know and maybe we can make something work.

I also have an extra T5. it is one of the weaker ones but it is complete and works great. i had it in 66 for about 6 months. i took it out while trying to find a vibration issue and installed a cobra spec that i found on craigslist.
66 coupe, Tuff Dawg forged 10.5:1 - 331, T5, TRick Flow heads, Stealth Intake, Holley 670 Street Avenger, Centerforce Clutch, Headman Headers, Ford Motorsports E303 Cam, 8.8 explorer rear end .373 gears, Cobra 4 wheel disc brakes, 17" TT2's
MonsterBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
importsmasher
1st Gear Member

Monsterbilly,

I think I saw your stuff advertised on Phoenix Craigslist. I am actually following up a lead through my next door neighbor on a bell housing, but I will let you know if that doesn't pan out. I have family in Avondale that could pick it up.

I already have a World Class (if I remember right that's what they are called) T5 out of a 91 Mustang, so I just need a bell housing.
Thanks,
Importsmasher
Old 03-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #16
importsmasher
1st Gear Member

Talking

Well, it's been a year and a half with no progress on the Mustang (I have been hard at work on my 73 Firebird Formula), but I just got "permission" from the wife to spend some money on her Mustang. I will be ripping it apart in the next couple of weeks to start the 5 lug disc brake conversion and install the 9 inch, then I will be yanking the 6 cylinder and starting the process of installing the 302 and the T5. Per the original topic of this thread, I still haven't decided on which clutch setup to use (cable or hydraulic), but I am leaning toward the cable, just because I will be getting a 80s/90s Mustang bell housing.

Both of my sons (10 and 6) are excited to help, as is my 12 year old foster daughter. This should be fun!

I am sure I will have lots of questions along the way!

Importsmasher
Old 03-31-2013, 09:20 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000, 50, 66, adapter, bar, classic, clutch, cylinder, enterchangable, equalizer, interchange, interchangeable, linkage, mustang, part, parts, year, years