Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-02-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
zarkon0007

Vehicle: 1967 mustang coupe
Default 1967 front frame rail

hello all. i am new to this site and new to restoring so you may have to bare with me. i need to replace the rh front frame rail on my mustang. i have found the part i need and the front frame brace that goes under the radiator support. there is a cross member that goes from the right front tire arm to the frame member connected by an adjustable rod. i need to replace this cross member but cant seem to find one. is it replacable with new or do i have to get second hand. also when i get the frame rail itself are all the brackets that need to be on it on it or do i have to cut them off the old rail and reuse them.
any help would be appreciated
thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
zarkon0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback

There are replacements for that available now, I've seen them in the NPD catalog, page 182. They are called the support bracket, strut rod. These are the supports that go from the radiator support to the frame rail. Are these the parts you're looking for?

There are no brackets on the frame rail itself, you will need to reuse your old brackets. Unless there has been another release of frame rails lately, someone is always updating these parts to make them better. But when I did mine, it was only the frame rail, no brackets.
zmetalmilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
zarkon0007

Vehicle: 1967 mustang coupe
Default thanks

that was pretty much the info i was looking for. i am pulling the motor and tranny today and getting the car ready for its operation. i will be putting on a ford alluminum intake and a holly four barrel while the motor is out. i am sure i will have more questions as this goes on.
thanks
zarkon0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback

No problem. You can find answers for pretty much anything here. Good luck!
zmetalmilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1967, 68, chassis, classic, convertible, ford, fornt, fraim, frame, front, mustang, rail, rails, replace, support