Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

65 Fastback, finally one of my own

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:04 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

If she ask that was a sale price on anything high and remember diamonds will shut her up quick lol.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Kirklandkie
1st Gear Member

good news everybody, i dont have a wife! lol. And the gf came about after i bought the car, she has to be ok with it
been busy past couple days but i promise pictures

-kirk
Old 01-21-2012, 09:16 AM
zmetalmilitia
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kirklandkie
And the gf came about after i bought the car, she has to be ok with it
-kirk
Good luck with that. Looking forward to some pics.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Stevea

Great find! Sounds like you will have an awesome car. My k code is poppy too.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:21 AM
midnightredmustang

Looks nice ... cant wait to see some pics!
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Kirklandkie
1st Gear Member

Though late here are the pictures i promised, also more good news: I'm single now so no worries of that nature anymore.

drip rail replaced using modified 67 rail

Holy crap... I have a second vin number (of a coupe none the less) on my left inner fender... oh well my fastback vins are still on both sides aft of this

I took some pictures of some of the bad and the ugly too but i won't post those quite yet lol. I find the second vin interesting, looks like a repair (badly done....). Whoever originally pieced back together the front end was an *******. Excuse my language.

-Kirk
Old 03-12-2012, 04:34 PM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

good news everybody, i dont have a wife! lol. And the gf came about after i bought the car, she has to be ok with it
Yes sir. I had racecars long before I had the girlfriend who became the wife, and I told her up front. "Don't ever expect me to quit racing. One day I might, but don't count on it." 13yrs later, still racing.

Onto the build- nice job so far, looks really good. She'll be sewwt when she's done.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Kirklandkie
1st Gear Member

Thanks dave
I'm nearly at the point of looking for a painter, but there are issues with the front end (bad welds and whatnot)
do the fenders sit totally flush with the inner apron? mine have bumps on both sides at the point of the shock towers, is this right? fenders don't seem to fit exactly how i'd want them to as a result

-Kirk

EDIT: better yet, anyone live in northern CT or southern MA? love to get a good look at another car's engine bay

Last edited by Kirklandkie; 03-13-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Dont use a striping agent on the fiberglass, just hand sand the metal if you have to, prime and paint. Fiberglass is awesome! I had a hood that was folded over about 1/3 way from the nose and I fixed that sucker good as new. I would recomend a glass hood to anyone.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Kirklandkie
1st Gear Member

i read your thread on your stang, couldn't believe you brought her back to life so quickly. Your hood came out great
I have a used fiberglass hood with full metal frame which i will be sanding down in the very near future. I figure 220 till i'm down to the fiberglass then i'll work down to 600 grit till i'm satisfied it's smooth. The rest of the car was media blasted, it's the only way to go if you ask me.
any word on those inner fenders? i'm at a loss since both sides are the same but the fenders don't sit totally flat. I'll post an upclose picture of what i'm talking about in a bit

-kirk

-kirk

Quick Reply: 65 Fastback, finally one of my own