Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

67 Resto Mod Project Finally started

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:57 PM
March2304

Finally getting the motor out.

All the dogs waiting to go out and help with the car.

Last edited by March2304; 10-26-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

Wow is that car in good shape. Good luck and post lots of pics. Nice to have the wife on board, mine is so-so, she's glad I have the projects and the race cars but she isn't into helping. Nice of the canines to help too. My daughter's cat is aways in the sop with me 'helping'
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 PM
ponyboychris

Thanks for the reply. My cart should be here in a week so the car will soon be up on it. I'm pulling the front suspension this weekend. I may get the rear out before it goes up on the cart. I'm anticipating some swearing with those frozen bolts.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Couper
2nd Gear Member

keep us updated,...looks like brand new carpet inside,...watch those shoes!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:21 PM
March2304

Default Quick Update

Well the car has been in the shop for a couple months now and I am getting anxious to have it back. The company we took it to is called Classic and Performance Mustangs in Denver. We did a lot of research and we think its a good place. Of course as with any company the communication habits of the owner tend to falter when they start receiving money for their work. Seems the work has slowed down a bit too. Nevertheless through a constant string of polite phone calls and emails we are trudging along.

Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure. Keep in mind the only thing we want the company to do is the paint and body work, I am very excited to finish the rest myself.

Dropping it off, notice its just a shell the company gave us a $5000 credit for bringing it in stripped.

Random Photos they have sent me. They keep telling me that its in one of the best shapes they have seen, ever. That to me just means it will be a solid car when its done and cheaper to restore correctly.

After media blasting. Still not a lot of rust, so they say.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:32 PM
March2304

Default Starting Body Restoration (finally)

The newest pictures we got, which on the forum look like they all came at once, came a few weeks later. They fixed a few things and I paid em a visit to see their work. Its looking good and like I said before I am getting anxious to have her home. Especially since it is snowing here now and I have 2 MTN passes to cross when I bring it home.

Paint booth getting primer applied.

There is a name for these rust spots on the front rails that are all too common among mustangs and I cannot remember what it is, but they fixed it. They also found all VIN numbers on the original metal intact and made sure they didn't mess with them.

Repaired battery tray.

That is where we are currently. I am in the process of hunting him down again and trying to get an update on my factory door plate, (I specifically told them NOT to remove it but to restore around it), no word yet. He has all the necessary body parts so he says a couple weeks of work and it will be ready for the paint booth. Now to decide on a final color.................
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 PM
ponyboychris

Lookin' good! I'd be excited as well.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Couper
2nd Gear Member

lookin good devil dog
Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 AM
scootchu
4th Gear Member

I for one like to do things myself, BUT it is soooooooooooooo nice to have someone do it for you especially if they know what they are doing.

Looks great, clean car to say the least.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
hightower2011
4th Gear Member

Looks excellent. That shops knows what they're doing. Wish I could afford that kinda work, haha

Quick Reply: 67 Resto Mod Project Finally started