I have had some extra free time to work on the mustang. Here is a list of the things I have got done since last time:
1. cut out bad drivers side door hinge and replaced it with new hinge and bushings to cure a bad sagging problem.
2. pulled off the old ratty door panels and got new aftermarket panels. To keep cost down, I am re-using the pony emblems, aluminum accent panels and the original door lights. I buffed them out and test fitted a panel athough I won't install them formally until I get the rust holes fixed in the lower door section.
3. Repaired the tired old window regulators which now roll up and down easily.
4. Cleaned off all the old headliner and batting from the roof. Rust treated the roof and installed new batting. Still need to install the headliner but thats a 2 person job so gonna have to get a buddy to help with that part.
5. Pulled the ratty old bucket seats out and removed the old vinyl. Treated the rust and added foam as needed and installed new OEM vinyl. One of the seat bottoms was rusted out so I had to get a doner seat bottom from a junked 69 but I think seats came out looking pretty good.
6. Since the rear seat never gets used and the original was not too bad, i decided to save some money and just clean up the original rear seat and dye it black. Not perfect but should work.
So thats what I got done this week. Still tons to do but slowly making progress.
test fit of the new door panel
Installing the batting so I am ready for the headliner
the newly rebuilt bucket seats
the rear seat top already dyed and the bottom still original
first coat of dye on the bottom and I ran out of dye so will have to finish up tomorrow