Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

One Piece Headliner from Mustang to Fear

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
MustangsToFear
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ezstang
I have a couple questions before I make my decision.

Shipping costs to 48813 Business (LynnBob got me scared!)?
Does the matching windlace come with it? If not what other items do you need?
Do you need to use the insulation like in the old style headliner?
What about sound material on roof can this be used?

I'm worried about the amount of sound noise verses the old ones. Again any feedback would be appreciated
The windlace is separate,and you don't need anything extra to install it. We use Fat Mat in the roof, then cut a matching piece of 1/2 carpet padding and glue it to the Fat Mat with trim adhesive. You have 3/4 of a inch to work with. Trust me your car has never been this quiet before. We will give you a shipping quote tommorow. Rich.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:31 PM
ezstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangsToFear
The windlace is separate,and you don't need anything extra to install it. We use Fat Mat in the roof, then cut a matching piece of 1/2 carpet padding and glue it to the Fat Mat with trim adhesive. You have 3/4 of a inch to work with. Trust me your car has never been this quiet before. We will give you a shipping quote tommorow. Rich.
Mustang to fear-

Thanks I'll look for the PM. The Fat Mat was one of my choices for sound barrier and 1/2" carpet padding is an excellent idea, I owned a carpet company for 4 years so this will be easy. Look forward to trying this product! Cant wait to hear the difference
Old 01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Joes65
1st Gear Member

Interested in this product as well for a '69 fastback. I emailed you guys about when it would be available and was told summer 2013, is that still the case?

Thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 05:53 AM
MustangsToFear
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joes65
Interested in this product as well for a '69 fastback. I emailed you guys about when it would be available and was told summer 2013, is that still the case?

Thanks
We are starting on the headliner next month. We have to pull the coyote motor that we installed and put it on the rotisserie to start the headliner. We are just about done with the new 6 gauge cluster we are making. We are having matching pieces to go over the glove box and for the door panels.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Kirklandkie
1st Gear Member

65 fastback headliner by the end of the month? wonderful. i'm looking for a painter for mine right now so the stars should all come into alignment with your headliner! Can't wait!

-Kirk
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 AM
MustangsToFear
1st Gear Member

The beauty of our headliner is that you don't have to remove your back glass or windshield to install it. I'm not on this forum very much, if you need a faster up date just E-mail me rich@mustangstofear.com.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 PM
69mach1377
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joes65

Thanks
+1 on that.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:47 AM
MustangsToFear
1st Gear Member

We should be releasing the 65-66 fastback headliners this week.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

will you guys be at any shows like the Turkey Run in daytona showing off your products?
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Kirklandkie
1st Gear Member

will there be an initial offering to mustangforums members for less perhaps? if so i'd order mine prior to really needing it (car still isn't totally together or quite ready for paint)

-kirk

Quick Reply: One Piece Headliner from Mustang to Fear