Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 66 coupe
Default Stereo install/pics

SO I am at the point where i am ready to install some tunes in the mustang. I decided that I am only going to go with an amp, speakers and a jack for the phone/mp3. I am not going to install a head unit. I may however, use a pre-amp.

WIll all of you fellas that have nice stereo systems post pics of what you did to mount the amp and speakers in the trunk. I already have a package tray for the 6x9s and I also have the kick panels for the 6" coaxials.
I may install a sub but i really am looking for ideas on the amp mounting and trunk interior..
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
66 coupe, Tuff Dawg forged 10.5:1 - 331, T5, TRick Flow heads, Stealth Intake, Holley 670 Street Avenger, Centerforce Clutch, Headman Headers, Ford Motorsports E303 Cam, 8.8 explorer rear end .373 gears, Cobra 4 wheel disc brakes, 17" TT2's
MonsterBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
dmaclaren
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 69 mach 1

So, I can get pics tonight but I went with Retro sound as it fit the Orig bezel that I ordered. I love it for $200 on a 20% CJpony sale.

It has a Aux jack in front face, also one in the back and USB support for a thumb drive.

I closed off 1/2 the trunk (no fold down seat) and I have done bquiet and Thermozite all so it's also behind seat & that trunk area. Now I get great base response int he 6x9 4-ways.

My goal is a Sub 8 - 10" and new 6x9's and maybe tweeters in the center dash pad.

RETRO SOUND RADIO MODEL ONE
Click the image to open in full size.

dmaclaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #3
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 66 coupe

i picked up a nice set of 6x9s for now and I am going to run an amp in the trunk and the 6" in the kick panels. I just went with that and a dock station for my HTC pad. I can stream pandora as well as listen to the music I have on it. Ill see how it sounds. If it is crap then I may install a head unit.
66 coupe, Tuff Dawg forged 10.5:1 - 331, T5, TRick Flow heads, Stealth Intake, Holley 670 Street Avenger, Centerforce Clutch, Headman Headers, Ford Motorsports E303 Cam, 8.8 explorer rear end .373 gears, Cobra 4 wheel disc brakes, 17" TT2's
MonsterBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1966, 66, 6x9, 95, guide, install, mount, mustang, retrosound, stereo, unit