Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

disc brake question

Old 05-02-2012, 03:44 PM
chockostang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 68dustin
Personally i think i have my setup wrong. I think i need to remove the EXISTING porprotion valve, run line from master cylinder to front brakes. Then put adustable porportion valve for rear. does this sound correct?

lets just say im all confused!! lol..
You don't have, never have had a Proportioning valve on your stock all drum brake car.

You have a Distribution block ( A Glofied T), It has Zero proportioning, residual values, just Distributes as a T will do.

Keep it, it will function perfect if not clogged up.

Run lines from master into exact same ports on block and Master. Install a Proportioning valve in the rear brake line, AFTER it leaves the block---Put it ANYWHERE in the Rear Brake line.

If you have a non residual Master, it can be added in the rear brake line as well, just plumb it in the line close to the block.

Dan @ Chockostang
Old 05-02-2012, 03:59 PM
68dustin
2nd Gear Member

ok... getting somewhere now, thanks guys. As of right now i have the distribution block still hooked up with the adjustable porportion valve on the rear 2 brakes. So it sounds like i have it hooked up correct. So i wonder why the brakes are not more sensitive. Do i need a bigger bore size on my master?

*****so if the car has orginal drum/drum non-powered, there is'nt any porportion valve. It just a distrubition block.??

Last edited by 68dustin; 05-02-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 PM
chockostang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 68dustin
ok... getting somewhere now, thanks guys. As of right now i have the distribution block still hooked up with the adjustable porportion valve on the rear 2 brakes. So it sounds like i have it hooked up correct. So i wonder why the brakes are not more sensitive. Do i need a bigger bore size on my master?

*****so if the car has orginal drum/drum non-powered, there is'nt any porportion valve. It just a distrubition block.??
You got it!

The Drum/Drum cars had a Distribution block. Think of a Distribution center for --Hell Basket *****--You send basket ***** to four stores--You send the same basket ball to each stores, one doesn't get special ball, all receive the same ball.

Same-E Like-E for the fluid, no special fluid comes out of your Distribution block, it is just high pressure hydraulic fluid "Passing through, being direct to it destination, the wheels, as the basket ***** are being directed to the four stores.

Dan @ Chockostang
Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
68dustin
2nd Gear Member

Thanks dan