Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Free Aluminum Radiator !

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 PM
DeWitts Radiator

Default Free Aluminum Radiator !

Allow me to introduce myself...My name is Tom DeWitt from DeWitts Radiator. We have been making aluminum radiators for Corvettes for the past 15 years and many people have asked us to build them for their Mustangs. I'll be the first to admit I do not know much about Stangs. We have built our reputation with the Corvette group, which demands high quality and direct fit installation. We invest into press forming tank dies to make the radiators look as close to original as possible and I need a few original radiators to copy the end tanks and to use as templates for mounting reference.

With this in mind, I would be willing to make a few free radiators if anyone was willing to ship us their original FoMoCo radiator. I understand the 64-67 group used a lot of variations, with the inlets and outlets configurations all over the map. I you are interested, and you have an original radiator from 64-73 Mustang let me know. tom@dewitts.com
Old 07-20-2012, 07:03 PM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

Hi Tom, I just sent you an email!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Zimbo

Email sent aswell... (67 convertible)
Old 07-21-2012, 04:00 AM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Crap, I tossed mine five years ago....
Old 07-21-2012, 10:27 AM
DeWitts Radiator

I'm getting several emails on this and I wanted to be clear on this offer. The free aluminum radiator is in exchange for the stock unit. In other words, we keep it. The copper/brass radiator must be an original ford part and not an aftermarket replacement. I will consider re-cored units as long as the original tanks are still on it. I would also be interested in just buying the OE radiators, if you don't need or want an aluminum one
Old 07-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Zimbo

Originally Posted by DeWitts Radiator
I'm getting several emails on this and I wanted to be clear on this offer. The free aluminum radiator is in exchange for the stock unit. In other words, we keep it. The copper/brass radiator must be an original ford part and not an aftermarket replacement. I will consider re-cored units as long as the original tanks are still on it. I would also be interested in just buying the OE radiators, if you don't need or want an aluminum one
I can send you mine and if it is a ford one you can mail me a free aluminum one back. if it's not.. Pitch it I need a new one anyway! Email me at underbosszim@yahoo.com

Last edited by Zimbo; 07-21-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:50 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Email sent.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:21 PM
DeWitts Radiator

I've got a lot of emails and promises but no radiators. The bottom line is I need an original radiator and I'll pay cash for one. The price will depend on the condition, if recored, and V8 models are worth more money. I would also consider renting them and returning it when we are done. Need money? tom@dewitts.com
Old 07-25-2012, 07:29 AM
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

Tossed mine 3 weeks ago............
Old 07-25-2012, 08:16 AM
crunchyskippy
3rd Gear Member

Hi Tom - Sorry I can't help you. But as I'm sure you know, the Woodward Dream Cruise is in a few weeks. (Hopefully you're not too far from Detroit.) I'm sure you could enlist a trade, rent, purchase at the event.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Free Aluminum Radiator !