Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

new seats....selection help

Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Gun Jam

Default new seats....selection help

Hello

Right now I have 1 flow fit on drivers side and one original seat on passenger side.

The flow fit is an okay seat but for the price I wasnt impressed especially when the back rest broke off during a 3rd gear pull.

So im looking for two new seats. It seems the procar rally seats are quite popular when doing a search here.

I daily drive my 66 coupe so do you think the procar rally seats would be a good choice?

Is there a way to get them to match my blue interior?

Finally are they going to fit with out much hassle? and they are adjustable tracks right?

Thanks

-Gun
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

I'm curious as well!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:28 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

JamesW has a set of Procar seats in his fastback. Maybe he will chime in.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:27 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

I believe a good upholstery shop should be able to dye the vinyl any color you want,Also under seat covers they make a matching back seat for both seats.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:34 PM
groho
4th Gear Member

A company like TMI, http://www.tmiproducts.com/mustang/ , should be able to provide enough matching material to re-cover any seat. A good upholstry shop can use the existing seat cover to cut the new panels and stitch a new seat together for you using the matching material. You should be able to get the material in advance and hand it to a shop when you're ready to do the work or let the shop order it for you. I would discourage dying material, and go with a matching material instead, because the dye will eventually fade or wear and then you're stuck with a funky looking interior.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
andrewmp6
6th Gear Member

A good dye job will last years the stuff out of a can is what that looks funky in a few years.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Gun Jam

I still dont know if the pro car rally seats are worth all the trouble in the first place. Im not sure if they are suitable for a daily driver. I like the shape they should keep one from sliding around. but not sure if they are good for long drives (uncomfortable???)

Would be nice to find a pair first and look at them I guess.

Thanks

-Gun

Search this Thread