Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Carpet & Upholstery Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:48 PM
imboden
1st Gear Member

Took me three hours to recover my back seats... first time... same padding. I'm gonna tackle the fronts soon
Old 10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Adrenolin
5th Gear Member

Way too much at 900! 600.00 is much more reasonable.

Still, I'd suggest you do the carpets yourself. It really is easy to do. The seats are a pita to do but not hard. Google and read a few of the howtos on the subject. I did our front and rear seats, including heated seats elements & head rests, myself and instead of using the metal rings used zip-ties instead. 3 years and several 1000 miles and they still look fine. Again its a pain but not that hard to do.

I found the front seats easier then the rear though I've heard others say the opposite. Give it a shot and save some cash or take it in and just have it done. Both have advantages
Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 AM
stanleyg

You can carry out this job yourself and even if you want to get it done professionally, charges varies from one company to another.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 AM
Al Newman
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MontanaMustangGuy
What is a fair price to pay for someone to take care of carpet and upholstery installation in my 66 Mustang Coupe? I have already bought a "mass back" carpet kit molded to fit and I have new upholstery seat covers for 2 buckets and a bench along with seat foam. I just need a guy to install all of it so it's done properly. So it would consist of removing the old carpet, installing the new carpet, removing the seats and doing the reupholstery work. One quote I got from a guy who looked my car over is around $900. He charges $45/hour so if you calculate that out, that's 20 hours of labor. Is this legitimate? I thought that was pretty high but I have never done this before. Can you pros give me some ideas....just wanna make sure I'm not getting screwed. Thanks so much!
I feel your pain, but asking what price is fair on this forum is really a waste of time, as prices vary all over the country. Unfortunately, you are not in the DFW area, but, having done that professionally for twenty years, I would gladly do the job for you for $400.00, including repair of the seat frames as necessary. I would also recommend that you install a good quality underlayment under the carpet, also.
Best,
Al