Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

coyote Swap Into 65 FB lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Oak
2nd Gear Member

Default wow

wow not what i expected when I got home see what happened while i was away lol.

My experience is owning a Superformance Cobra,
a stock suspension mustang coupe and fastback,
a mustang coupe with full TCI front and rear, and a 57 ford truck with full no limit suspension, all with a carb.

I bought another FB and wanted to do a Coyote for reliability, power, AC, and mileage.

So my concerns were just with what I didnt know, (suspension not one of them) Like how to overcome the front pulley system and to relocate the oil filter, etc etc. i learned more on the net today than I thought i could

I think I will check with lance and see if his future son in law can help me, LOL

Please keep up the banter LOL, gotta love the forums, LOL

Just kidding this forum has been a great place to me!

Oak
Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

You can get reliability, power, AC and mileage out of a SBF too. But the variable cam timing will give you better mileage for the same power, or better power for the same mileage. And it'll be quieter....newer engines are way ****ing quieter.

I don't know about the pulleys, but oil filter relocation is usually a pretty simple, standard thing. Get a relocation kit. Just make sure to put the filter someplace you can get to it easily, preferably with the open end facing straight up, and avoid routing the lines near anything that can rub them or that has excessive heat. And make sure there's slack in the lines between the engine and filter mount if it's on the chassis. That's true of any type of line going from the chassis to the engine though. I'd also try to avoid situating the remote filter mount above the filter mount location on the block, that way when you change the oil you won't get gravity drain in the lines...which will be a void in the oil system that has to be charged up when the engine restarts.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

throw a 03/04 cobra engine in there
Old 08-20-2013, 02:03 AM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TomKat
throw a 03/04 cobra engine in there
That has absolutely got to be one of the most well built engines Ford ever produced.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 AM
MustangsToFear
1st Gear Member

We've done several of the Coyote installs. We have developed everything for the average person to install it yourself. If you go with the Rod and Custom and not the TCI, it will go in without any problems.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:32 AM
Oak
2nd Gear Member

Default MTF

Thanks MTF, my buddy Randy C. is doing a car (in AZ) and has nothing but great things to say about you guys, both products and support. I will def be calling you guys to get your advice and talk about your experiences! THanks!!!!
Who should I ask for?

Oak
Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 AM
MustangsToFear
1st Gear Member

Randy has been a great customer and friend. You can ask for Mark or myself.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Oak
2nd Gear Member

Default myself?

Mark or myself-myself is Rich? LOL
Dont tell Randy I am gonna build a Coyote, lol It is a surprise. I am already building my coupe to keep up with his super bad a$$ mustangs to fear fastback.

Thanks Ryan
Old 08-21-2013, 10:01 AM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

OAK! Im glad to see you picked up another fastback.. Even more glad to see that you guys were not affected by the Fires a little while back. Sounds like you are ready for some fun!!

I have a friend here in San Diego that builds turbo kits for the coyote mustangs.. He was telling me that with only a little boost that engine comes up into the 600hp range easily.
Let me know if you want the info..
Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM
ProblemHouston
1st Gear Member

I don't have a lot of knowledge about engines and my mechanical knowledge is not all the great either but just looking around all the mustang forums that I am am memeber of there are parts out there for the Coyote engines. I know that it is not even a blip on the radar of what is available for the SBF but the're out there. MMR (Modular Mustag Racing I think) seems to be doing a lot of interesting things with this motor. There are a few others as well but MMR comes to mind right away when I think of the Coyote motors.

Quick Reply: coyote Swap Into 65 FB lots of questions