Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

My Interior Project - 65 2+2

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 AM
AGShelby

Default My Interior Project - 65 2+2

I am wary of posting after reading all of the "rice" comments on the ebay mustang a few posts down. I have many of the same mods (but hopefully the execution is of a higher quality and taste).

My latest stage is the interior. I have the scat procar seats, FR tilt column and FR "waterfall" wheel. I have also installed some 3-Point seatbelts with inertia retractors. The next step is to clean up, cover and secure the wiring, then button down a few loose ends in the interior.

Take a look at my "ricer"

http://groups.msn.com/Steves65Mustan...progress.msnw:

Old 10-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: My Interior Project - 65 2+2

That's not a ricer, that's a restomod. Say, where did you find the oil filler filter?
Old 10-10-2005, 09:20 AM
AGShelby

The filter was on my parts car - brand new and no name on it. It is of high quality so I decided to put it on my fastback. If you notice in the photo I have a leak at my thermostat housing at high temps, and there is coolant pooled on parts around it. I am going to put a new housing in this week and put back on the power steering pump. Once I complete these two items and clean up the wiring I will be done under the hood.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Nice clean engine compartment. You have done a good job. It won't take but a few hours to get those two things fixed, then you can get the hood back on. I noticed in some of the other pics that you have a lot of wiring to do yet. Good luck with that.
If you want to know what a ricer is, take a read here. Funny as hell.....
http://www.ymrforums.com/showthread....ht=engine+swap
Old 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
AGShelby

ORIGINAL: Soaring

I noticed in some of the other pics that you have a lot of wiring to do yet. Good luck with that.
The wiring is complete and working. I need to dress it, place it in split loom and secure it. I should get that done this week.

Old 10-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: AGShelby

ORIGINAL: Soaring

I noticed in some of the other pics that you have a lot of wiring to do yet. Good luck with that.
The wiring is complete and working. I need to dress it, place it in split loom and secure it. I should get that done this week.

Then, you will have a nice restomod. I am not personally impressed with them, but it appears you have put a lot of thought and money into your restomod. I call them after market bastards.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM
66 Hardtop 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Looks great. Keep up the good work, and you`ll have a nice little bastard
Loved the paint, what`s it called?
Also, what kind of wheels do you got. Could you please post the size and backspacing + the tire size. I`m planning to discard my Mag 500`s.
Thnx
Old 10-10-2005, 09:41 PM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

That's sweet. Just don't cut in a sunroof
Old 10-10-2005, 11:26 PM
AGShelby

[/quote]
Then, you will have a nice restomod. I am not personally impressed with them, but it appears you have put a lot of thought and money into your restomod. I call them after market bastards.

[/quote]

Well, to each their own opinion. Keep in mind that these cars are, after all, a mass-produced product of a large international corporation. All of items that make a mustang were based upon committee decisions and marketing studies. By the luck of fate, we have a car that is unique among the American industry, but identical to countless others that rolled off the line back in 1965.

I have no shame - I took an all original, rust free fastback that was a perfect candidate for a numbers matching restoration and turned it into a Bastard. Although it is not 100% unique, I will never run across another one like it. In addition, my car will be safer, faster, more comfortable, more reliable, will stop better and will also have a significantly higher market appeal than a C-code stocker will ever have.

In my opinon taking a combination of aftermarket parts and making it unique takes far more imagination than returning it to the designed by a corporate-committee clone that rolled off the assembly line in 1965.

Give me the bastard over the stocker any day - In fact I would prefer one of the 500 or so original bastards from Shelby American's aftermarket garage in 1965......

Old 10-11-2005, 12:05 AM
AGShelby

ORIGINAL: 66 Hardtop 5.0

Looks great. Keep up the good work, and you`ll have a nice little bastard
Loved the paint, what`s it called?
Also, what kind of wheels do you got. Could you please post the size and backspacing + the tire size. I`m planning to discard my Mag 500`s.
Thnx

Thanks - the paint is mineral grey with black stripes. The wheels are stock '03 GT wheels. They were not my 1st choice, but they were brand new and very cheap. They match the paint and the style/size fits the older cars much better than they do on the newer cars.

Quick Reply: My Interior Project - 65 2+2