Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
68MustangTX

Vehicle: 1968 Ford Mustang
Default Wiring Harness for 1968 coupe

I am looking at purchasing a wiring harness for my 1968 Mustang coupe. It is equipped with a 289, mild performance (325-340 hp) automatic with 373 Richmond gears with an Auburn posi rearend. It does have an aftermarket AC (willing to take it out and sell it). What would be a good investment for a complete wiring harness for this application? I have heard of Painless, American Auto, Ron Francis, Centech along with buying just a factory harness. Any advise will be appreciated because I miss taking the car out for a spin every now and then.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
68MustangTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

For a reconditioned factory harness contact Randy at rjacobson@fusemail.com . He has been doing them for several years, is real fair on price, and takes yours to rebuild or provides one for you plus has a warranty....and yes, he is a friend of mine.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #3
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Moving to a tech section from FIF..
Old 07-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #4
barnett468
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MustangTX View Post
I am looking at purchasing a wiring harness for my 1968 Mustang coupe. It is equipped with a 289, mild performance (325-340 hp) automatic with 373 Richmond gears with an Auburn posi rearend. It does have an aftermarket AC (willing to take it out and sell it). What would be a good investment for a complete wiring harness for this application? I have heard of Painless, American Auto, Ron Francis, Centech along with buying just a factory harness. Any advise will be appreciated because I miss taking the car out for a spin every now and then.
hello;

i would buy a stock replacement, not a "painful" type harness. they are avail at all mustang suppliers. i prefer the scott drake ones.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #5
Al Newman
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966 Mustang Conv

Staying with a stock harness allows you to be able to utilize allof the old wiring diagrams available out here. In addition, if you decide to sell the car, the next owner won't have a nightmare wiring setup to deal with. Harnesses like the Painless system are acceptable for street rods and purpose built drag cars, but I wouldn't consider them for daily driveable cars.
Best,
Al
Al Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
Sean@RonFrancis

Vehicle: 92 Ford Mustang (Foxbody)

Hello, I know that I'm a little bit late on this, but if you're still looking for a wiring harness, I can say the Ron Francis Wiring makes a very good harness that would fit in your vehicle. While our system does not follow factory colors, it does come with complete instructions. Everything is color coded and labeled every 5 inches so you will always know where a wire is going! We have several different styles of kits as well, so you can choose the one that best fits. If you were to choose Ron Francis, I would recommend our Bare Bonz kit for a track car. It has everything you need to wire up your headlights to your taillights, along with a few extra circuits so you can add in things like your air conditioning. If you would like, we can send you a free catalog which contains all of the information you would need about our kits and general FAQ's about installation, just give us a call or check out our website!
Best of luck!
Sean
Sean@RonFrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:06 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement