Well, after moving to Hawaii for several years, and having stored my 66 Fastback during that time, I may be finally getting close to driving her regularly again. The fresh motor that i had just put in prior to the knowledge I was moving to Hawaii, was very carefully rotated the first time. I lubricated each cylinder, letting it sit for a week like that, and with all the belts taken off, VERY carefully rotated the crank. I took the distributor off and pumped up the lifters with a drill on the oil pump. With a little help and gas down the carb, she started right up. She ran for a while, but would not start after a couple weeks - the Edelbrock carb was green inside. So, after a complete scouring/rebuild on the carb, she started again. Her first test drive almost ended in tragedy, lol. I drove her around my cul-de-sac and everything was good. Her brakes weren't great but at least would stop the car. Well, i went up to get on one of the feeder roads, not a main drag mind you, but i wanted to go more than 5 mph.... that's when the brakes decided to completely not work... a car was coming and i could NOT get her to stop, threw it in neutral, had juuuuuuust enough brake to finally come to a stop. Yeah, dumb idea without a good run thru of the brakes. Anyway, i completely rebuilt both back brakes with new drums, cylinders, the whole works. The fronts looked really good as I had done them fairly soon before storing her.
So, I bled the brakes yesterday, will put the wheels on tonight, take her off jacks, and possibly go for a ride tonight. Hopefully she will start and run good, i'm ready to finally, after over 4 years, to get a good, relaxing drive (no brake failure, lol)!