Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Cheapest wheels possible?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #1
Jbomb
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 1965 Ford Mustang
Location: Santa Cruz, Cali
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to Jbomb
Default Cheapest wheels possible?

I am trying to find a wheel of the size 15x7 3.5 backspace 5 x 4.5in bolt

I found this one on summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ae...4535/overview/

if anyone can find one cheaper that would be cool, color/look doesn't matter as there for testing purposes.
Thanks guys
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
__________________
Jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
barnett468
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 1965 shelby
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,028
Default

that size will typically hit on a 64 thry 66 car.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:51 PM   #3
Jbomb
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 1965 Ford Mustang
Location: Santa Cruz, Cali
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to Jbomb
Default

I was looking at tire chart http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire%20Fit...ide%2065-6.pdf running 255 tires the wheels rub with people in the back seat. Was thinking maybe my wheels have incorrect backspace. I got them with the tires already mounted on the wheels so I am unsure of the current backspacing. Rolled the rear fenders and they rub less but on a big bump or lots of weight they still rub.
__________________
Jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #4
barnett468
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 1965 shelby
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbomb View Post
I was looking at tire chart http://www.dodgestang.com/Tire%20Fit...ide%2065-6.pdf running 255 tires the wheels rub with people in the back seat. Was thinking maybe my wheels have incorrect backspace. I got them with the tires already mounted on the wheels so I am unsure of the current backspacing. Rolled the rear fenders and they rub less but on a big bump or lots of weight they still rub.
lol, well unfortunately, that chart has been proven to be inaccurate in some instances and has caused a few people i know to damage their fenders. that list should be banned or corrected, its irresponsible to offer recommendations that damages peoples cars.

its a case of just because it is in print or on the internet, it does not mean it is true.

if you have 255 on the rear, then of course they will rub so i don't understand what your goal is.

if you want to run tires that are too wide for the body then simply put big flares on it. if you don't want flares and don't want your tires to hit, then run smaller tires. its quite simple.
.

Last edited by barnett468; 08-04-2014 at 01:30 AM.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:46 AM   #5
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member
 
bluebeastsrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
Location: Jersey
Posts: 10,760
ItsUrFuneral
Default

Jegs has same type of wheel for $51.
__________________
ENGINE363 forged dart engine. 300 shot!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR Upper & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms NEW Mustang TIMES COMING.
2011 Camaro SS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
aslan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 8
Default

"lol, well unfortunately, that chart has been proven to be inaccurate in some instances and has caused a few people i know to damage their fenders. that list should be banned or corrected, its irresponsible to offer recommendations that damages peoples cars."
Is this the same Barnett468 that got banned from VMF and tried about 8 times getting back on with different names??? No wonder you say this about Dodgestang.
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
barnett468
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 1965 shelby
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,028
Default

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbomb View Post
I am trying to find a wheel of the size 15x7 3.5 backspace 5 x 4.5in bolt I found this one on summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ae...4535/overview/

if anyone can find one cheaper that would be cool, color/look doesn't matter as there for testing purposes.
Thanks guys
Hello Jbomb;

That and the Jegs ones posted by bluebeastsrt are the cheapest I think you will find unless you hit a big car swap meet or maybe amazon.com.




Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Is this the same Barnett468 that got banned from VMF and tried about 8 times getting back on with different names??? No wonder you say this about Dodgestang.
First of all, your post is completely off topic and therefore not helpful to the op at all. Now, do you have a suggestion for a “cheap rim” for him or not? If so, it would be far more helpful to him than your current post is.




Quote:
Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
lol, well unfortunately, that chart has been proven to be inaccurate in some instances and has caused a few people i know to damage their fenders. that list should be banned or corrected, its irresponsible to offer recommendations that damages peoples cars.

its a case of just because it is in print or on the internet, it does not mean it is true.
My comments are referring to a chart, not a person, and they are factual. I have no idea why you [whoever you are] would try and twist someone’s words around to make it seem any different in an attempt to divert attention from the facts by changing the subject.

In addition, I have no idea what bringing up something about some Barnett person being banned from the vintage mustang forum has to do with the op’s question. As far as that vintage mustang forum goes, I know for a fact that there are several people that have left that site due to just a few extremely abrasive, obnoxious, childish members that frequently disrupt threads and whom the moderators do nothing about for whatever reason. Unfortunately, the behavior of these few ruins the fun for many others that are negatively affected by it. One of the reasons I know these things is because some of them are on this site now and some of them and others I know of have said these, or similar things, of their own volition.

This is unfortunate, because imo, like this site, the format of the vmf site itself is a good one, and the entire blame for the negative comments many have made about it are due solely to the moderators allowing what I'm guessing is their "good ol' buddies" to freely continue with their non constructive behavior.

Since you are on this site but are aware of the vmf one, I am guessing you are also one of the many that are unhappy about the way the vmf is "moderated/run". Imo, this site we are on does NOT have the type of extremely abrasive, obnoxious, childish people that I and many others have seen on the vmf one, and therefore, basically has no moderator input from what I have seen simply because none is needed.

If I were the owner of that site or any site that allows people to be run off by other members behavior, I would be extremely concerned since I’m guessing that whomever owns a forum type site has put a lot of time and energy into developing it and getting members, and would not want to allow just a few unruly members to ruin it for the rest.

I am also guessing that sites like the vmf one get revenue from advertising and membership fees/donations etc., and would be very displeased to see people run off because their moderators continually failed to do their job.

Bottom line is, the chart is exactly as I said it is, and would be far less harmful to peoples cars in some cases if it simply said something like, “ALL tire and wheel combos should be checked for proper clearance before use.”.
.

Last edited by barnett468; 08-11-2014 at 12:03 AM.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
aslan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 8
Default

Yep, it's you. Watch out guys. LOL BTW, you forgot to mention how you tried to get back on VMF with 8 or 9 different accounts.
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #9
TomKat
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Vehicle: 65' Mustang, 04' Mustang v6
Location: Ca
Posts: 826
Default

cheap isn't always best
TomKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #10
barnett468
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 1965 shelby
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,028
Default

.
First of all, my apologies to the op, the moderator and others that read this. It’s unfortunate that there are people like this whose only interest is to go around on different forums for the sole purpose of trolling and baiting other members and being disrespectful to them and disrupting threads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Yep, it's you. Watch out guys. LOL BTW, you forgot to mention how you tried to get back on VMF with 8 or 9 different accounts.
Just exactly what is it they are suppose to “watch out” for?

It’s obvious by your abrasive posts, that in fact, you are the one they need to watch out for.


After your first post, which was abrasive and unwarranted, you were asked if you actually had a suggestion regarding the op’s question. Your reply was again totally off topic and completely irrelevant to the ops question. It was also abrasive and unwarranted. This is one example of the type of thing I have heard from others and read for myself which the moderators at vintage mustang forums allow to occur, and is why many have left, which is actually GREAT for this site and others like it, because when people leave there, they come to other sites and bring their friends and all their knowledge with them, which I'm sure the owner of vintage mustang forum, and it's advertisers, would be more than pleased to hear.

I suggest that since you obviously have nothing beneficial to offer the op, and instead simply seem determined to unnecessarily disrupt his thread and the site for no apparent reason by making slanderous comments, I suggest you sign up at vmf and post over there where these types of posts are allowed for whatever reason. As I mentioned in my previous post, people here simply don’t post comments like this, because irregardless of any differences of opinions they might have, act in a mature and respectful manner, and since your posts thus far, clearly show you are incapable of doing so, I suggest you go to vintage mustang forum where this is type of adolescent behavior is condoned.

Since being here, I am a little familiar with the moderator here, and imo, he is as nice as can be, and therefore, I prefer not to bother him by reporting your posts, however, if you continue to make these types of posts, either I or another certainly will, and he can decide what to do with you at that point.
I also see that you have been here 10 years and prior to these two posts, you had only made two others. This seems quite odd, but is certainly not against the sites, rules since there is no minimum requirement for the number of posts one makes within a certain time frame, however, since at least two of those posts were abrasive and not relevant to the op’s question in any way, shape, or form, this give you a 50% unwarranted, abrasive post rating…congratulations?


And now, back to out previously scheduled program.
.
.

Last edited by barnett468; 08-11-2014 at 07:04 PM.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #11
aslan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 8
Default

Yep, idiot at VMF and idiot here. Still haven't told people why you kept trying with numerous screen names. I can't wait for another 10,000 word response.
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #12
barnett468
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 1965 shelby
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Yep, idiot at VMF and idiot here.
Well, since you say you are, we'll just take your word for it.

I will no longer play this game with you, therefore you will simply have to play with yourself.
.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #13
aslan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 8
Default

You're such a wordsmith. Still no answer? I didn't think so.
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:02 PM   #14
barnett468
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 1965 shelby
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbomb View Post
I am trying to find a wheel of the size 15x7 3.5 backspace 5 x 4.5in bolt

I found this one on summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ae...4535/overview/

if anyone can find one cheaper that would be cool, color/look doesn't matter as there for testing purposes.
Thanks guys
Hello Jbomb;

You can also try ebay and craigs list.
.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #15
aslan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 8
Default

Barnett, your silence is deafening.
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #16
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member
 
bluebeastsrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Vehicle: 1995 mustang GT
Location: Jersey
Posts: 10,760
ItsUrFuneral
Default

aslan you have 7 total posts and 5 of them are bullsh!t trouble making. If you have nothing to offer other than conflict you might want to go back to the other forum you keep mentioning.
__________________
ENGINE363 forged dart engine. 300 shot!TRANNY C4 with trans brake, 3800 stall, 9in. raceconverter, hurst shifter REAR Moser 35 spline kit with spool, FRPP 3.73 gearsSUSPENION UPR Upper & lower control arms, Strange 10 way dampers, coilovers up front, BBK sub frame connectors, UPR Tube K-member & A-arms NEW Mustang TIMES COMING.
2011 Camaro SS 12.34@110.92
bluebeastsrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #17
aslan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location:
Posts: 8
Default

I tried telling you guys. Bye
aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #18
barnett468
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Vehicle: 1965 shelby
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
aslan you have 7 total posts and 5 of them are bullsh!t trouble making. If you have nothing to offer other than conflict you might want to go back to the other forum you keep mentioning.
Thank you bluebeastsrt;

Yeah, 5 posts by him on just this thread alone, and not a single one of them attempts to answer the op's question. It’s unfortunate that there are people like this in the world, especially when they hide behind internet shields. I seriously doubt these people would have the llevos to say things like this to others in public unless the one they were attempting to berate was a defenseless handicapped person.


Below is just an example of what the moderators of the vintage mustang forum allow on their site.

See post 4 if you dare.
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vi...4-250-six.html


I guess he got angered by his inability to get me to fall into his trap and continue to reply to his goading and taunting.

One good thing that may come of this is the fact that if anyone googles his name, this will likely show up and they can them be aware of his childish antics.

My guess is that he was actually banned from the vintage mustang forum and probably others, and this is the last one he is still allowed to post on. If this is the case, then unfortunately, your suggestion for him to go over there is useless. Perhaps you might have another suggestion for him...?

His comments also suggest to me that this is probably just some young kid whom is the product of bad parenting or absentee parents. It makes me wish that sites like this require age or parental approval before children are allowed to post.

In addition, he seems obsessed about me for some reason and I have no idea who he is because he doesn't give his identity, irregardless, for someone to be this obsessed about another person, animal or security blanket etc., is extremely abnormal, unnatural, and unhealthy, especially if the person is an "adult", and a clear sign that the person has some type of psychological problem. I can only hope that he or another realizes his problem and gets him to seek professional help.

Hopefully he at least goes away and leaves this as the nice peaceful site I have come to know it as.
.

Last edited by barnett468; 08-12-2014 at 09:06 PM.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #19
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius
 
rmodel65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 1965, ford, mustang fastback
Location: deep in the heart of dixie GEORGIA
Posts: 11,663
Send a message via AIM to rmodel65 Send a message via MSN to rmodel65 Send a message via Yahoo to rmodel65
Default

Aslan I dunno who you are. but if you have a problem with Barnetts contributions i suggest discussing it with him in private not here. Chill out
rmodel65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:13 AM   #20
cashs mom
1st Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 1966 Ford Mustang
Location: Texas
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKat View Post
cheap isn't always best
IMO cheap is most often not best.
cashs mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:13 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup