Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #11
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 67 Mustang Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmodel65 View Post
i dunno if you can swap heads on the tbird motor without doing piston mods. the 86 mustangs have a different piston compared to the 1985 and 1987-1993 engines.
It will depend on the heads and cam. Head with bigger valves and a cam with certain timing can result in issues.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Untested 331, lots of suspension, chewing up corners.
67mustang302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
BDodson5.0

Vehicle: 66, Ford, Mustang

Update. As I thought but was ignoring, pulled the heads valves weren't seating properly. Game over for now. So time to get really starter. Metal work, suspension, interior, and motor build.

I'm trying to get a real parts list together so I can start buying parts. After pulling the heads, the rotating assembly seems mint. No scoring on the cylinder walls, rotates so easily without those clogged valves.

Plans were a set of 185cc AFR Heads like suggested. After all the research and comments and reviews I see on them its too hard to pass up. It also seems everyone like the Lunati Voodoo cam to go with it? Hearing tons of good reviews on these as well. Just wondering what the different size chambers mean and what the difference in the cams are. I'm looking at the street version, and the only difference I see is 300 rpm in the power band, is this correct?

I'll be pairing all of this with either my 600cfm holley carb or ill go up to a 750 if needed. Already have hooker long tubes and a pro comp manifold. Motor is going to a friend who builds motors and is specialty is ford sb's. It'll get forged internals, and a built crank. Just want to make sure my top end will produce.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
BDodson5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #13
barnett468
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 shelby

HELLO;

we need to know the following?

what ci do you want?

mild, moderate or brough idle?

tire warmer or tire roaster?

lite to lite drag car, freeway flier or inbetween?

roller or std cam?
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:14 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement