Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Wheel and Tire Size - 65 Pony - 5-lug

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:27 AM
GypsyR
1st Gear Member

Why have you been banned from most of the existing active Mustang forums out there?
(That's just a rhetorical question.)
Do you really not understand that the "chart" is basically just a list of information voluntarily contributed by various people who are willing to swear they used such and such tire and wheel combo in the real world and it worked for them?
Old 09-22-2014, 02:10 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GypsyR
Why have you been banned from most of the existing active Mustang forums out there?
First of all, you really have no idea who I am. I am on every forum that I want to be on.

It also seems to be a bit “fatal attraction” like to me for you or anyone to be so obsessed with someone other than your wife and kids that you would spend time tracking their activities through the internet when you could be spending that time with them. It makes me wonder how many other men you are tracking which is an extremely unpleasant thought.

Secondly, what does this comment have to do with the issue with the chart?

Thirdly, this is your first post here in a year, and since you are a regular member of the vmf circus where dodgestang fails to moderate, it is obvious that you have been notified by either him [or her] or one of his/her cronies to come back over here for the sole purpose of trying to stir up trouble.

A moderator from vmf whom calls himself [or herself] “aslan” tried to do nothing other than stir up trouble here around 6 weeks ago and was summarily run off by a few other members after thoroughly embarrassing and humiliating him or her self.

There are members here that left the vmf circus because of what dodgestang and aslan allow to go on there and one of them happens to be a moderator here now…uh oh…didn’t know that did ya?

This is a nice peaceful site [especially compared to the vmf circus] and people here like it that way. Many know that if they want to act childish and immature and just generally be a jerk, they can go to that site because that sort of behavior is not only condoned there, at least two of the moderators have participated in it.

Do you really not understand that the "chart" is basically just a list of information voluntarily contributed by various people
Do you really not understand that not everyone that uses that chart knows that, especially since there is no general warning stating at the very LEAST that the combo selected should be PROPERLY checked for clearance before use?

Do you know that it should not require an Einstein to be able to add a statement similar to that effect to the chart, yet dodgestang has refused to do it which leaves at least the company that lists his chart open for a lawsuit and likely him too due to the lack of some sort of warning and/or disclaimer on the chart?

Do you know that when someone warns another that a chart is not gospel that they are only trying to be helpful?

Do you not know that when someone suggests to another that they simply check their tire and wheel fitment prior to using the combo and then suggests one method they can use to do this, they are only trying to help.

PS - I would not be the least bit surprised if at some point someone does contact the companies that post the dodgestang tire chart on their sites and brings the issues with it to their attention.

Last edited by barnett468; 09-22-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:11 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

…people who are willing to swear they used such and such tire and wheel combo in the real world and it worked for them?
So you are implying that you had contact with all 200 or so people that supplied info for the dodgestang tire chart and that every one of them told you that they would sign a sworn affidavit that they PROPERLY tested the wheel combos they use and guarantee that they do not hit anywhere on their particular car under any circumstance?

Please excuse me but I find this to be about as plausible as cold fusion or Elvis doing a concert anytime in the near future.

Also, why would you have done this when he said he was the one that gathered info for the chart?

Last edited by barnett468; 09-22-2014 at 03:27 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:52 PM
GypsyR
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you are making out you can't comprehend the concept of friendly sharing of information at the same time you are actively participating in any number of internet forums. Kind of self-contradictory there.
Do YOU post a legal disclaimer and/or have a list of available witnesses to testify that every piece of advice that you give and bit of information you pass on is indelibly true? I don't. Does anybody?
I haven't posted here in a year? Sounds about right. I've been here about nine years and have only posted 70 odd times. I like Mustangs, a lot. I'm a member of lots of Mustang and Ford related forums. Some I'm more active in than others. I have lots of other interests too. ATV's, trucks, computers, all kinds of stuff. I visit forums related to those things too. If you or anyone else has similar interests we might bump into them on those forums. I meet my neighbors at the grocery store and such sometimes. We don't go all paranoid freakout when it happens. (As far as I know.) Cheers.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

I did a scientific test of putting bigger wheels on my car, they fit, don't rub, good enough for me.