Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Rom contest strategy

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 04:50 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rom contest strategy

I will vote for any 65-73 mustang before anything. Im sure most of our classic owners are the same.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

NOW you KNOW i wont vote for anything but a classic.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:02 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Well, the nomination process says that the first five to accept that have galleries will be in the contest.

We know about when the rotm will open nominations, so we can decide who our top five cars are and have people nominate them. Once the first of the five have accepted the nomination, the others will stand down and wait till next month.

ROTM noms were chosen over a 24 hour period this month. When it goes down, it goes down fast, and the people up for nomination will have to check the site daily for PMs and updates.

Otherwise, flood it with nominations, and the first classic that accepts gets it. The rest just decline.

Just a thought. (that I hopefully won't get in trouble for having) [8D]

C!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 AM
73Cleveland
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Soaring

ORIGINAL: garywwelch

I am sassuming that you take a vote from all catagories (Era), if so then I would say one from each. It would be nice if the classic had their own.
Gary
66 Fastback
Gary,
We do have our own. Go to the friggin' top and vote knucklehead. The way the ROM contest rules are set up, is that the first 5 that are nominated, and the owners accept the nomination, then they are the ones who will get voted as the ROM. No matter what era they are from. So far, Clutch and I have been on top of the situation, and have had a lot of classics nominated and accepted. My question was about splitting the votes on the ROM. My original intention was to have a classic section vote, then I would nominate that person so that we only had one classic represented in the ROM. That seemed to work quite well, as those nominees won the ROM contest. But, we got away from that when a member who didn't have a gallery in the classic section had someone nominate him for the ROM. That upset the plan, so I thought we would flood the ROM with classics. That has backfired on us. So, next month, we will try to go back to the original plan If I can get everyone on the classic section to cooperate.
I'm behind you Soaring in whatever strategy you decide is best!
Old 10-19-2005, 05:50 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

OK, let's go with our top dog for this month. Our section voting will come to an end on or about the 25th so the winner will have plenty of time to get everything in order, such as a good bunch of pics of their ride on the ROTM gallery. Then, as soon as the nominations open anybody on the classic section will nominate them. Then PM them to make sure they accept the nomination. Clutch and I will try to stay on top if it too.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Ill keep my eye out too. Last month i nominated glen 2nd. I just happened to notice that nominations had started.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

I'm with ya'll as well. I'll definitely vote for a classic everytime. Thanks again for my votes this month. Looks like it's going to be tough for a classic to pull it out this month though.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:48 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

We are splitting the votes, just like Ross Perot did. What if each body style voted in their own catagory, kida like a primary, then we have one vote. Have each catagory vote in by a certain day of the month then have a vote for the final with one classic, one fox body, one ghia, etc. Just an idea. I'm sure if you put some thought into it you could fine tune it. Maybe it would be too much of a pain in the ****. Maybe we would be right where we are now if we did that[8D]