Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Need help guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:45 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help guys

Just look in the phone book and start calling body shops. I have to do that tomorrow to see if anyone rents out paint booths.[:@]
Old 10-18-2005, 12:00 AM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

Dubs1,

I want to add one more bit of advice. As most of us will agree, when you are about to llok and the car you have been looking for ove the last several years, you can be blinded by the desire. You have to be objective and really take the time to check it out. You say you do not have time, if that is the case, you better wait a while before you buy. THe early Mustangs are very time comsuming. This is not a bad thing, becasue every minute you spend on it is great. Don't rush into it. If you don't you'll pay the price later in most cases. The seller has already raised a couple red flags in my eyes.

I bouhgt my 66 Fastback on Ebay. I flew to Denver to pick it up. I was prepared to fly back if the car was not everything the seller said it was. I have 2 different shops check it out before I paid the guy. He even went along with me to hang out. THe car checked out and I drove it 750 miles back home. Yes drove it. I spent 6 plus years trying to find this car. Believe me it got really frustrating looking and not buying.
Gary
66 Fastback
Old 10-18-2005, 12:08 AM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Umm gary. Where are the pics? I cant believe you are trying to get away from posting pics of your car! You should be banned.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:18 AM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

YEAH LETS BAN GARY. YOU WITH US GLEN? Lol, im kidding with you Gary, but we would love to see some pictures of it.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:25 AM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

This is going to sound like the craziest excuse in the world, but I have had my head stuck under the hood ever since I got her home. I pulled the engine over the weekend, I have the Edelbrock Preformer INtake and 600 Carb to go into it. After I got the engine out, I decided that is too much work to not go all the way with it. So I plan to go through it completely. My wife will not let me use the camera until my hands are free of grease. Looks like it my be years before I get to the camera. LOL. I plan to post pics this week. I do not want to take up Dubs Post space on my project so watch for it soon.
Thanks Gang
Gary
Old 10-18-2005, 12:46 AM
Dubs1
2nd Gear Member

Its ok Gary, I'd also love to see pictures. Man, Im so lost, I want the car but dont want to waste my money on rust bucket. The one with the screwdriver idea is a great idea. Maybe I should try it. Gary, please tell me what made it go red flag already for you? Also Tyler, thanks for all your help. Any other ideas whatelse I should look out for?
Old 10-18-2005, 01:03 AM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

Dubs1,

The 2 things that got me are he wants YOU to buy a battery and the undercoating. I would think he would provide a battery to at least show the car is a running car. I am pretty sure the battery is a top post, take one with you even if you buy it from Wally World and take it back the same day. You can get your money back.

Gary
66 Fastback
Old 10-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Any honest person who was trying to sell a car would have it running and the windows replaced before they put it on the market. For that much money, I think I would walk away and look for another one.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:26 AM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

Windows are expensive arent they?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:18 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

windows are expensive just in themselves, some are really hard to find, ie: side windows. if you go for the original carlite, untinted, i think windshields are going for 400 dollars in npd!

Quick Reply: Need help guys