Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Looking for restoration info

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Darth Z

Default Looking for restoration info

Hello all, I'll be around for a little looking for some info on restoring a car at work. The car is a 66 coupe, getting further away from stock all the time. The car has a somewhat built 289, it' s been bored 0.060 over, headwork, cam, built auto tranny and rear-end to handle the added power. Other changes include, a set of 17" Boyd Coddington wheels, Baer 4-wheels disc, Flaming River steering column and rack and pinion, and a Be Cool radiator and electric fan.

It was originally Emberglow, but has since been painted white with blue stripes. We' re going to go nuts on this car, the owner has a lot of money and wants it done right. We' ll probably change both quarters, both doors, both floor pans, and all the panels on the front and rear. All the trim will also be replaced. Once the body is right, and sanded down to bare metal, we' ll repaint it black with white pearl racing stripes. The owner plans for his granddaughter to drag race the car upon completion. I' ll post pics when I get them.

One thing I' d like, is some good sources for restoration parts, where we can get some catalogs. I would also like to know, if someone makes an LED taillight, for classic Mustangs. I know I' ve seen some taillights for classic Camaros using LEDs, and when the blinker is on, three LED strips light up seperately indicating which way you are turning. Does someone make these? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-19-2005, 04:42 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Looking for restoration info

If you will look up in the FAQ section at the top, you will see a listing of just about every vendor we can think of. As far as the LED sequential tail lights, you can pick those up here. http://www.safecode.net/mustangproject/prod21.htm