Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

deadly rocker moldings

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

Default deadly rocker moldings

hey gang,
bad news on my side. I just got home from work not even an hour ago and already my weekend is ruined!! i decide hey its been awhile since i checked up on the old mustang. Oh boy im glad i did, i walk into the garge and just about s@$t myself. I had a old pair of rocker moldings layed up against the wall ( just got done moving into the new house) and its laying right next to the damn car. I have a cover on it and instantly hike it up, to find a dent, yes a dent in the driver side fender. Granted its about the size of a pea but damn man, it took a lot of money to get the dents out of it the first time. The sad part is i doubt its noticable (except to those pesty judges) but it feels like my kid went off to school and got the crap beat out of him. Oh well what can you do...sniff... excuss me folks im gonna go into a corner and cry for awhile... oh and those rocker moldings are not so rocking anymore!!

p.s dont feel sorry for me ill be ok i think
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
nualln
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: deadly rocker moldings

Oddly enough, the earth will continue to rotate.

I know, I know, it shouldnt...but it will.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:04 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

lol thanks that makes it better, maybe ill spoil myself to some parts, i think thatll make it feel alllllllllll beter hey i know ill do a tech article on "how to fix a dent that shouldnt have happened" oh yes thats the stuff...
Old 10-19-2005, 10:17 PM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

I had a similar situation... I have black lights mounted on the ceiling of my garage. One of them decided it wanted to be a floor mounted unit instead... Swung down by it's cord and dinged the living hell out of my windshield moulding and scuffed the roof just above it.

Luckily the paint buffed out, and the trim is a easy fix. BTW - there are no black lights hanging above the car anymore!

Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

I cant believe that light piece of aluminum dented your fender.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:44 AM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

well i should have explained better sorry. the moldings were in a metal cylinder container that i used for posters, but felt the need to put those in there instead. yeah the metal weighs about 10 pounds so thats what did it in.....sorry for the bad info!! by the way, anyone interested in buying a fairly worn pair of rocker moldings, there ahhh a little dented but might fit on your car, with a hammer or so
Old 10-20-2005, 02:59 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

I feel your pain. Now go out and buy something nice for her.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I used to have old yeller stored in an old garage on the farm, and years ago we put sheet rock on the ceiling to keep the dust of the car. Well, the old sheet rock gave way one day and fell on old yeller's driver side door and put a ding in it. It took me about 6 hours of work to get her back to looking new again. Now, she is parked at my new house in the garage.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

GTA,

You think one of those "dentless repair" places could help you out? Just curious!
Old 10-20-2005, 04:03 PM
skiprCH
2nd Gear Member

HI,
I took my wife's new Toyota Highlander to a dent repair place in Denver. She had a shopping cart hit it about a week after we bought it. It cost like 40 bucks and you could not tell it ever happened. It was called Dentworks. Quit crying now I said! Also not sure if you got my e-mail. I lived in Westminster most of my life. Now I live near Steamboat. The Mustang rallys here are the Best. We should meet up at next years rally.
Walt

[IMG]local://upfiles/18678/57123547B8EC4F8096C45038C2474077.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: deadly rocker moldings