Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Who knows how to fix this?? Pics

Old 05-18-2015, 03:58 PM
CyprusMustang
3rd Gear Member

I've never really met someone who served that really likes to announce it as much as you do.

Why can't people answer the fu-king questions and keep the comments to a minimal. Private message one another, hell why don't you guys call each other and discuss your differences.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Slem

Originally Posted by 1985GTto2013GTCSV
How is that funny?

...really? Guess you're right...more irony then humor
Old 05-18-2015, 04:41 PM
Slem

Originally Posted by CyprusMustang
I've never really met someone who served that really likes to announce it as much as you do.

Why can't people answer the fu-king questions and keep the comments to a minimal. Private message one another, hell why don't you guys call each other and discuss your differences.

Proud to be a Marine bra!! Was in the Corps for 12 years. I haven't really talked bout what I did, merely that I was in with deploy time. That's not chatty.

In the current PC world if I had made a recommendation like what you said it woulda went across as a threat. I travel to AZ frequently and would certainly entertain a chat...but...again, perceived threat and all that. If you look around at some of the stuff that guy posted...well...it's not good. So, yea, maybe the hairs bristled a bit when he started his bit.

As long as he keeps his mouth shut I'll do the same.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:42 PM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CyprusMustang
thats not the only unusual thing.

anyway, to expand on my previous answer . . the only thing i can think of is to leave the top up and put some silicone on it . . it will seal but it will look ugly . . as soon as you fold it, the silicone will likely pull away from the glass . . that seal is thermally molded onto the glass which is why its not replaceable.

its frustrating because the glass is still good and the friggen glass and installation is expensive, but thats the downside of the 2 piece glass windows.

if you replace it, you can use a plastic window instead if you want . . it will fit and the zippers are usually the same so you can simply zip it to the existing zipper then you will only have the bottom to deal with . . since you were able to do your cylinder heads, i think you could probably install the window yourself too . . i can try to help you with that if thats what you decide to do.

by the way, has it been running cool since the repair? . . i can assure you im happy that fixed it, i would hate to have suggested you pull your heads and have the problem be elsewhere . . i think my credibility score might have dropped some at that point, lol.

Last edited by barnett468; 05-18-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Slem

you don't know when to stop huh? I bet you live in Sedona and worship that rock huh? LOL
Old 05-18-2015, 04:46 PM
Slem

c'mon...let's hear some more of your worldly treasures...
Old 05-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Slem

I wonder why your suggestion is to always "glue" stuff back together? Guess it's a step above duct tape but dang.

in case you guys don't know, this "fella" lit into me on another string as well. Not to mention flaming others in different strings. Now I think he's stalking me! Kinda cute actually! LOL
Old 05-18-2015, 05:03 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Default Who knows how to fix this?? Pics

Slem, that's enough. Contribute to the thread or don't post. You're just trying to start ****.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:07 PM
Slem

Hahahaha, OK. It's not that I'm trying to start anything. I just don't appreciate his flippant comments. I've already stated I'd stop as long as he did as well. Hopefully you counsel him to stop as well.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:52 AM
Kim Sorensen

5 years later and I have the issue with my 67´ convertible. Was there any solution to the silicone seal beside buying a new top or plastic window?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who knows how to fix this?? Pics