8" Differential Vehicle Options - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

8" Differential Vehicle Options

Old 08-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
scenicnights

Vehicle: 1969 Ford Mustang
Default 8" Differential Vehicle Options

I have a stock 69' with the standard 8" differential with the 2.80 set. I'm looking to save some cash and pull the 3rd member from a junk yard. Does anyone know what Ford make/models had the 8" Trac-Lock 3.55's? I guess my google-fu is failing because I can't seem to find anything. I'm sure a Bronco or Van would have it, but what make/model/year should I look for? I hate to spend hours and hours at a junk yard crawling under these things.
scenicnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenicnights View Post
I have a stock 69' with the standard 8" differential with the 2.80 set. I'm looking to save some cash and pull the 3rd member from a junk yard. Does anyone know what Ford make/models had the 8" Trac-Lock 3.55's? I guess my google-fu is failing because I can't seem to find anything. I'm sure a Bronco or Van would have it, but what make/model/year should I look for? I hate to spend hours and hours at a junk yard crawling under these things.
not ever gonna happen . . they are all gone.
barnett468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #3
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Vehicle: 1967 Fastback & 2002 GT Convertible

Yeah, good luck with that one. I haven't found an 8" tracloc in the boneyard for years. I still find 9" in pickups from time to time but come to think of it, it's been a while for those too. The last one I found was a dandy, though. A nodular 9" with a 3.50+- ratio.

I bought it for a song and sold that thing for a small mint on ebay.

Governments are extremely dangerous.
Death, imprisonment, theft of property
and loss of freedom will result from
giving them too much power.
fastbackford351 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3rd member, differential, pumpkin, rear end