Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Stereo Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 02:51 PM
358Mustang

Default Stereo Receiver

Silly question but I want to add a nice stereo system in my street car, does anyone make a nice bezel/trim piece that is used to install an aftermarket head unit into a mustang dash? Obviously I will need to trim the dash which I don't mind. But since the dash is radiused, it would look crappy I think to just have it mounted straight to the dash metal.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Mach428

Actually you won't have to do any trimming at all. There are several vendors that make stereos that appear to be completely stock but are packed with modern features. Custom Auto Sound is only one.

Do a Google search of classic mustage stereos and I think you'll be surprised at how many options you have.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

Custom Auto Sound stereos are notoriously terrible. I've talked to a couple car audio shop owners that refuse to carry their products because they've literally started fires in vehicles.

I'd look into hiding a modern stereo in the glovebox, or building a small under-dash box for it to mount in.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:40 AM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfury
Custom Auto Sound stereos are notoriously terrible. I've talked to a couple car audio shop owners that refuse to carry their products because they've literally started fires in vehicles.

I'd look into hiding a modern stereo in the glovebox, or building a small under-dash box for it to mount in.
It's did amps in the trunk, 6x9 speakers in the package tray and kick panels with 6 inch speakers and separate tweets.
Then I ran a wire from my amp, under my carpet to the hump hugger console. I plug my phone into that **** and rock out