Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

New member with a very rare 69 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 07:19 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Yeah, I can't imagine they command much of a premium but still a neat car.

Post up some pics, please.

Last edited by fastbackford351; 04-12-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:36 PM
ruger

Not sure what it would bring. Being the only one around. I will tell you I have turned down a very nice offer. Just wanna see how it shows once I start it on the MCA circuit. I basically signed up here to see if I could stumble across someone else with some personal photos of an E'. I know it's not a rare Shelby or Boss but it's still the only one around. I also have a magazine shoot offer once I get it out and showing.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:33 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

...so you're going to blue ball us and not show us pictures until it hits the show circuit?
Old 04-13-2016, 10:50 AM
barnett468
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ruger
Not sure what it would bring. Being the only one around. I will tell you I have turned down a very nice offer. Just wanna see how it shows once I start it on the MCA circuit. I basically signed up here to see if I could stumble across someone else with some personal photos of an E'. I know it's not a rare Shelby or Boss but it's still the only one around. I also have a magazine shoot offer once I get it out and showing.
Being the only one makes it a novelty but doesn't make it desireable or valuable . You have a car with a very desireable body style but very undesirable engine and no options . If you are looking for a investment type car, you should buy something more collectible because the resto costs will not be much different.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:29 AM
ruger

Originally Posted by barnett468
Being the only one makes it a novelty but doesn't make it desireable or valuable . You have a car with a very desireable body style but very undesirable engine and no options . If you are looking for a investment type car, you should buy something more collectible because the resto costs will not be much different.
I am not looking for an investment car. When I bought this car I did not know that it was and E' until I ran the #'s on the buck tag and a Marti report did I find out. As I said previously, I have already turned down a nice offer and it isn't even close to being back on the road. I have it completely apart at the moment going thru things making sure it was safe for the road. I understand it has an undesirable engine but that doesn't make it undesirable. I know that it's in the eye of the beholder but let me tell you, I am taking a lot of emails and pm's about this car and all I have been doing is asking for info and pictures on it. To be honest. I wouldn't buy it either for an E'. I am a HP guy that just stumbled onto it.
As far as someone asking for pictures, I don't have any of it in it's original condition. Someone in the past took the Mustang E' decals off and changed the color. I have purchase day pics and teardown pics but that's it. Pictures will be up when I have finished it. Or at least painted it back to original color. Silver Jade. Honestly, I just was looking for others pictures. I am not looking for a value as I know what I turned down already.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:49 AM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

But we like tear down pictures!!! They let us see the beginning, the work and the payoff.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:51 AM
ruger

Ok, I am at work and most of the pics are on a flash drive at home. I may get to it later today or tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:56 AM
ruger

Found one on my work pc Day after buying it. Someone put Mach1 decals on it and a hood scoop. A kid I imagine.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:59 AM
ruger

The paint was ok but it was really about a 20' in my opinion. Lots of small bubbles. The car sat under a cover inside a building for the last 20 yrs. 45,xxx miles on it. No way to know if it has turned over but I don't think so.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:39 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

In my ever so humble opinion, what that car needs is a rompin' stompin' FE.

Quick Reply: New member with a very rare 69 mustang