Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

got the NEW GTA!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:01 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: got the NEW GTA!!

It has been done before, I just wanted to put up a red flag. How do all the lights work? Any corrosion or grounding problems you can see or detect?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:04 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

the only problem i found was with the alt guage. Right when i hooked the battery it started flickering back and forth. I tested the alt. and it runs just fine. Other than that all the lights work great, turn signals are on the slow side but good. The temp sending unit is broke inside the maifold (easy fix) but im sure it will work. It has a out rear light, but thats just a bulb problem. Believe it or not the console lights all work, as does the back up lights. its weird the things that usally are broke, work, and the stuff that doesnt work usually does..... who know, overall it a 9 out of 10 for restoration
Old 10-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Probably have some small grounding issues, but you will geterdun.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:16 PM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

who knows glen maybe you will!!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:57 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gta289

got the car running last night.... had to swap out the dual point that was in there, cause that old dizzy was done. Drained the tank, and it looked pretty clean to me, rebuilt the carb, changed the plugs, oil, all that good stuff. I did feel like an idiot when it wouldnt start right up, but than relized, oh hey the batteries probably dead, and it was! Well after i put a new one in, it still didnt start, it turned over, but didnt start. I was thinking"oh great, here we go" but thought no way somethings not put on right. Well about 10 beers later, i figured out the culprit: the rotor for the dizzy!!! well after i put it on, she fired right up. Nice exhaust with holes in it, makes you kinda go light headed no? The car had no brakes so i changed the fluid, bled them and said, hell, lets give a goo around the block!!! man this car drives pretty nice for sitting forever!! It does in fact have a newely built c4 in her, and shifts decently, it needs a filter change though, but other than that, not to bad. I think he put different gears in it (3.73's) cause when you get on it, it puts that nice vinal up you a@#!! I think the only thing its mssing is the origianl air cleaner (which i has a spare of thank god) and the gta emblems on the fender, but the gas cap is there, its an original twist off for early gt's but is there. That threw me off though because my restored gta has a original c7 pop open cap, but is earlier than this new one???? i scrounged through the heap of crap in the trunk and did find a right side tail light grill, warped to hell but nice little find. Found a 66 gas cap, in pretty good shape, and i swear about 300 fuses all over the place... I got the trunk and interior all cleaned out and looking good, so i guess the really hard part starts!!!!!
lol, I remeber when we got our classic stang. My dad got it off the trailer and was like "hop in". I was like "WTF we will look like idiots driving around in what looks like an old junker" but then I thought about it and I was like o hell why the heck would I give a crap about what other peple think. so, we took it around the block real quick and it drove like a beauty.....too bad it just looked bad....(the car had been through a freakin tornado and picked up off the ground and slammed back down and the dude never fixed it.)
Old 10-25-2005, 03:24 AM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

Hey congrats on the find! Sounds like you have plans for all your spare time for . . . . oh say the next two years!!! lol
Old 10-25-2005, 09:04 AM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

its sad but true. The last restore took about 4 1/2 years to complete, and i still find new things to f#%k with! I fixed the allternator problem, bad voltage regulator. Its a nice car though, like i said, not as heavily optioned as my other one but still just as nice. I think if i keep this one, it wont be a concourse car. I wont go for a rest-mod either, just a in betweener. Have all stock crap on the interior(sort of) and exterior, maybe with a late model 5.0 or something. I dont intend on hacking it up, but making it to where i can drive the hell out of it, and not worry about cleaning it. I doubt i will, i just cant justify doing that to a mustang, its not in my blood. Ill think of something. Thanks for you replies guys!!!