Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

hood turn signals 1967

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 PM
tangentline

Default hood turn signals 1967

Hello: I have an early build ( Nov. 66) 1967 C code coupe. From research I have discovered the early build 67's had a two wire lead off the main harness under the dashboard just above the high low switch. Later build 67's have the hood harness connector in the engine bay near the brake proportioning valve. I have located said wires under dash that I believe are those referenced. My questions is this. Does anyone here have experience with this set-up wiring the hood turn signals? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:42 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

If you hook a test light to the harness that you located under the hood does it flash?

If it were mine I would use factory style wiring and if you have to get off a few nickels to get a correct look then I think it's worth it but if you run the wires yourself, there's no shame in that game either, as long as it is not half assed. Neatness counts.

Mine had the under the hood connection so I don't know what your harness should look like but making a run from the wires you found to the turn signals is pretty straight forward.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:38 PM
tangentline

fastbackford351:
I haven't had a chance to get back at the wiring but plan to next week. Will take your advice and test the leads under dash as suggested. That seems the logical first step. Assuming those wires check out to be correct. Have the wire harness for the hood signals, but they come up short just at the firewall so splicing in wires will have to be done . Will need about 12 to 18 inches from where the harness connector ends through the firewall to the leads under dash. Most of that will be hidden so I'd think we can make it look presentable. Your input is appreciated. Thank you.