Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Gauge Panel Removal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 08:29 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Arrow Gauge Panel Removal?

Fellow members,

I am attempting to remove the gauge panel on my 67 coupe. I have all the screws removed but there is one remaining bezel nut on the far right side attached from the backside of the panel (by the center vent). My question is, is there an easy way to access this bezel nut?

The reason for the removal is I am adding sequential tail lights and I need to change the flasher relay to a different style. My instructions indicate the flasher relay is behind the gauge cluster.

Thanks.

Last edited by PotteryPal; 02-18-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:18 AM
Starfury
6th Gear Member

I don't recall any hardware holding my panel in from the rear, just the screws on the front. I do have to lift mine to get the lip of the gauge panel housing over the lip of the dash, but that's it.

That said, you might try poking around underneath the dash before pulling the gauge cluster out. I'm pretty sure I can get to my flashers without removing the cluster.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:01 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Starfury
I don't recall any hardware holding my panel in from the rear, just the screws on the front. I do have to lift mine to get the lip of the gauge panel housing over the lip of the dash, but that's it.

That said, you might try poking around underneath the dash before pulling the gauge cluster out. I'm pretty sure I can get to my flashers without removing the cluster.

I plan to do some digging around tonight. There are two separate flasher relays. One for the hazards and a second for the turn signals. I may need both relays...
Old 02-19-2017, 01:42 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Fellow members, I determined the easiest way to remove the bezel nut on the right side of the gauge panel is to remove the ashtray and frame assy. Once these items are removed you can gain access easily to this bezel nut.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 PM
mrtleavitt

I always access the nut on the back of the cluster by removing the radio.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:08 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtleavitt
I always access the nut on the back of the cluster by removing the radio.

I have the center console so for me taking the whole console for the radio is a PITA.