Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

My motor mounts aren't level/even with each other

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Seadog
1st Gear Member

Default My motor mounts aren't level/even with each other

On my 65 I put the motor mounts (the parts that mount to the shock towers) back into the bay and noticed that the angle of the "plates" on each side were obviously not the same. So then I measured from the floor up to the bolt hole that mates with the bolt hole in the part on the engine. About 1/4" difference.

I have the mount marked "R" installed on the passenger side. The driver side mount has no stamping, and as I said above the angle of its plate is different from the passenger side.

These were the mounts that came off the car. Was the engine low on the passenger side before?! Has anyone seen this situation before?

I swear that somewhere back in time my car had a lot of things swapped out, replaced, etc. On rebuild number "X" things like motor mounts were probably just found in a box and used if they fit even a little close!
Old 07-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Gun Jam

Im speculating here. I remember having this discussion at a car show. If I recall correct the motor mounts are likley not spaced identically.