Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Crate Motor Builders??

Old 03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Arrow Crate Motor Builders??

Fellow members,

I have decided that late this year I will pull the 289ci engine out of my 67 coupe and install either a complete crate engine or a long block. I am seriously considering a 331 stroker or a 347 stroker. I am looking for some recommendations for builders that are known to have good quality and reputation for after sales support.

What say you?

Old 03-15-2017, 07:40 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

www.fordstrokers.com i believe the owners user name here is woodsy or something like that
Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Depends on your budget. I'm a big fan of Summit Racing as a supplier and using Ford Racing or Roush engines. For almost half that you can have a dressed stroker from Blue Print. For any less money you are looking at a crap shoot, literally.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 AM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
Depends on your budget. I'm a big fan of Summit Racing as a supplier and using Ford Racing or Roush engines. For almost half that you can have a dressed stroker from Blue Print. For any less money you are looking at a crap shoot, literally.
Good feedback. My budget is not fixed but I was hoping to be 4-8k depending on long block to fully dressed. I also like to see the builders stand behind their products with reasonable warranties. This will be a touring street car no racing. My 289 is just not enough. It sounds great but the go is lacking...

Is it your position that Blueprint engines are good quality?

I thought about molesting the original motor but have decided against it and will store it for future consideration. So long block or crate is the direction I'm going.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:27 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Blue Print offers the best bang for the buck IMO. You will note that it is about $3K less than a Ford Racing engine and half+ less than a Roush. Roush engines are really expensive but I've seen how they are made first hand and they are top notch all the way.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:40 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Blue Print offers the best bang for the buck IMO. You will note that it is about $3K less than a Ford Racing engine and half+ less than a Roush. Roush engines are really expensive but I've seen how they are made first hand and they are top notch all the way.
Thanks for the additional info. Do you have an opinion about ATK ?
Old 03-18-2017, 10:07 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

No, but if they are cheaper than any one else, buyer beware.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 AM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

No, but if they are cheaper than any one else, buyer beware.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:02 PM
MonsterBilly
4th Gear Member

In my opinion go with Fordstrokers and dont look back. I am on my 3rd power plant. i did it wrong each time.
had i spent the money the first time at ford strokers i would have saved 10k in the end.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:17 PM
PotteryPal
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MonsterBilly
In my opinion go with Fordstrokers and dont look back. I am on my 3rd power plant. i did it wrong each time.
had i spent the money the first time at ford strokers i would have saved 10k in the end.

Thanks MonsterBilly!

Search this Thread