Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Overhaulin'

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:54 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

Default Overhaulin'

do the people on Overhaulin' essentially "win" an overhaulin' or is their wife paying for it or whatever....?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:19 AM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Overhaulin'

I visited the Overhaulin website the other day checking on the same thing. Here is what the web site says:

Disclaimer: Applicant agrees to pay all federal, state, and local taxes, including income, use or sales taxes or any other governmental charges imposed on prizes, including the value of any goods or services received and cash gifts, if any, given to me or received by me by reason of my participation in the program and I release and indemnify producer from any liability therefore. I also authorize producer to deduct or withhold any such taxes or charges that require a payment prior to delivery of said prizes, cash or gifts.

That leads me to believe it is paid by overhaulin, however, depending on the final value of the work, you pay taxes on that amount.

I also found out that they are sifting through over 200 entries a day. Think the odds of winning the Texas Lottery are better than getting Overhauled.

Gary
66 Fastback
Old 10-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

I'm sure you guys get those prize offerings all the time on bulk mail in your Hotmail or Yahoo or whatever emails daily. "There is a sucker born everyday".....Barnum and Bailey.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

thats probably a lot of tax.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

I would imagine it is a fairly steep amount but nothing compared to the work you received, especially getting Chip Foose to work on your car. . . . WHAT A PRIVILEGE!!! That guy is SOOO talented!
Old 10-30-2005, 11:45 PM
dsmith678

Yea would be worth it for Chip to work on my car..
Old 10-31-2005, 01:19 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't let Foose come any where near any of my cars. I just don't agree with his eye for mods. Big wheel exaggeration... don't agree with his graphics... just not for me.

In fact my wife and family have been told that if Foose so much as looks at one of my rides they are in DEEP kimchi! Kind of like a rocker getting a room makeover by a rap artist... just doesn't work.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:59 AM
posnick
2nd Gear Member

have you been drinkin too much??!!!! if you could get a $40,000 freebee from foose, you would say no?? Makes no sense!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:25 AM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

from what i have seen, all his designs have been very tasteful and what the person would have wanted. Im sure if your wife was to say "keep it on the original, non-flashy side" he would gladly abide by those guidelines.

the only thing i didnt really like was when he chopped the top off the t-bird but didnt put in a retractable roof so the vert couldnt be driven in any kind of bad weather. oh well, its a sunday driver from that point anyways, who needs a roof!?!?
Old 10-31-2005, 10:03 AM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: posnick

have you been drinkin too much??!!!! if you could get a $40,000 freebee from foose, you would say no?? Makes no sense!

Yeah, must be something wrong with me... I've also turned down a trade for a '67 Shelby. I guess my car means more to me than a dollar sign.

Quick Reply: Overhaulin'