My manual is for a 1969. not sure if it is the same:
1. Make sure parking brake is completely released
2. remove all tension from the rear cables by backing off the jam nut and adjusting the nut from the equalizer.
3. Disconnect wire to the parking brake light (if so equipped)
4. Remove the parking brake front cable ball retaining clip from the clevis.
5. Remove the parking brake switch (if so equipped)
6. Disconnect the cable ball from the notch in the brake clevis (the u-shaped joiner at the end of the cable).
7. Remove the three screws that attach the control assembly to the left cowl inner panel.
8. Pull the control away from the cowl panel. Remove the hair pin retainer securing the front cable assembly to the contro assembly. Remove he control assembly.