Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

CJ Pony Parts???? Good or Bad???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:56 PM
ndw13

Default RE: CJ Pony Parts???? Good or Bad???

I've yet to deal with CJPP but i've ordered over a grand of stuff from MU and haven't had any probs except they pulled the wrong service manual and sent me one for a 1966 instead of a 65 but they fixed me right up and had the correct one in a couple of days.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
sandtiger

Have any of you ordered from John's Mustang? Their prices seem pretty consistent with these other sites but I have only ordered a restoration guide from them.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

I just ordered some stuff from Mustangs Unlimited and i never got a single email reciept or notice......not any sort of confirmation....then all of a sudden a box is on my front door only like 2-3 days after i ordered and im going like "what the hell is this?" it was my parts from MU.....i had asked them a day after i ordered, by email if someone by my name and adress and all my info had made an order, since i was worried i didnt get any confirmation email and they siad no one ordered anything by that name or adress......

SOOOO WEIRD........so they have no record of my order...they just had it on my doorstep a few days later and the money was actually charged on my card.......so i dono what the hell happened but its ok i guess.....everything was perfect.

As for CJ Pony Parts....well....i ordered some stuff from them too and im waiting for it....hasnt been too long and should be here this week according to the tracking number site....
Old 03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Shifty101Easy
5th Gear Member

ok this is very weird...i just got TWO emails from MU the first saying my order had alread shipped and is enroute ( i already got it ) then another one saying theres no record of ordering....i dont know what is going on with that place but all i know is i got my stuff and it was at a good price so whatever.....
Old 03-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

It sounds like you guys have had some positive, and some negative dealings with CJ and with Unlimited. Should we contact them to let them know that there is a general concern about their products and general business procedures? I have found that Texas Mustang is the most reliable and friendly (less screw ups) company I have dealt with. However, I can't speak for CJ and Unlimited because they are just too far from me. The little parts things can be reconciled I think, but the sheet metal thing is becoming a real problem as I listen to you guys complain about the quality. Is NPD really the best sheet metal place?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
bdwjdw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sandtiger

Have any of you ordered from John's Mustang? Their prices seem pretty consistent with these other sites but I have only ordered a restoration guide from them.
I have ordered ALOT from John's Mustang and I am very pleased with there service and parts. I always get it within 2 days of ordering it. They are by far the best place that I have used.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:26 PM
hockey24

I am just now starting to order new parts for my 67 and have been going to John's Mustang. I live in Houston so using John's Mustang keeps me from paying truck freight. Their prices are not always the best but I have been buying things like full length floor pans and radiator supports, so the savings on shipping makes up for it. Some of the replacement panels I bought do require a little massaging to get them to fit, but overall, I am happy with the products. The staff is helpful and they seem to know what they are doing.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:42 PM
toren98

Thumbs down CJ PONY IS A BAD BUSINESS

I ordered a set of headlight buckets for my 90 fox body and fog lights. Cj Pony sent me an email saying that the fog light were on back order. They should of said they were on back order when I ordered them. I told CJ Pony to cancel my entire order and customer service said everything was being taken care of. About 5 days later a package arrives at my door step. I called CJ Pony and they game me an RMA number to send the package back. I go to Fedex to ship the package back and the RMA number was not good. I called CJ Pony and they said I needed to pay for shipping. Shipping costs 55 dollars which I paid to get this outta my sight. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! I paid 55 dollars for nothing.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Awesome first post. Only revived a thread 7 years old.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:37 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

NECRO THREAD REVIVALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!11jaun