Colorado Regional Chapter Chapter President: wcgman

Good repair shops

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 04:45 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Congrwts on the new ride Earl. She looks sweet.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:59 PM
07graygt
2nd Gear Member

What's it cost to do the sides? One of mine has a scratch and I think I wanna have both redone.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
I hope Im not treadin on any toes here, but I thought it might be nice to share some of the better shops I've found and hopefully hear from other guys who are willing to share on good repair shops or mustang shops/vendors around the state.

For instance, I've used a couple of guys (Anthony and Tim are the owners and only guys there) at Anthony's Gold in Aurora. They did a water pump/tstat on my 97 V6 few years back, then did ball joints / alignment on my 97 GT just today for very reasonable prices and they are fast. They don't work on the weekends. They used to do just Jeeps, but their reputation for solid work spread so now they'll do almost anything for very fair rates. You can look em up. Im going to have them do the exhaust swap on the 97GT when that comes in and he's saying no more than 180 but likely more like 120. Since Im too big to get under the car, that's totally worth it for me.

For upholstery, I used Raul's Upholstery (Juan is his brother) for new leather on the front seats of the 97 GT and they did a fantastic job, did it faster than anyone in Denver and cheaper than any other quote I got. I found them on Yelp.

For window tint, I've been to 4 different shops over the years and finally found one that I really like and they charge a really good fair rate. They did absolutely great on my '10 and my 01 explorer sport. Palmer Auto Works near DTC and you can find them on Craigslist.

For parts that are the one offs that I need locally (like ball joints!) Havana Auto Parts / NAPA has always done right by me. Theyve done some minor machine work too.

For Ford parts that you want from the dealer, I've found Lakewood Fordland to be some of the nicest guys around and they go the extra mile. Mike Naughton parts might have more in their warehouse, but you pretty much better know exactly what you need...except this one lady they have working parts. She knows her stuff REALLY well and she's very helpful. I want to say her name is Amanda, but I'm not sure. If you get her on the phone, you'll get a straight shot and none of the ol' boys network stuff you sometimes get.

As for aftermarket Ford and junkyards Im not going to make any recommendations there. That's a hit and miss depending on who you get and at what shop. The only person I will mention is Dan. If you know him by his name, then you know where he works and if he cant find the part, it cant be had. But you're going to pay out the nose for it too.

Aftermarket stuff, stick to the MF sponsors. You will get the best value for your dollar and they are are very helpful and considerate (AM, LMR, CJP...just to name a few - they ROCK!)
Anyway if you have any other shops etc...and in what area feel free to share.

If I've violated any terms of the website, please delete my post but I dont think I have from what I saw as Im not trying to take food from anyone's table here nor hurt the MF's.

I'm just a regular guy who gets zip from tellin anyone about these guys. They've just impressed me and earned my business as a long term customer.
I can vouch for mike naughton! Those guys are awesome. I just bought my 2013 GT from them for 4 grand under MSRP if you decide to go there for anything talk to Sal. Friendliest salesman I've met in my life. If anybody lives in CO springs, there's a place called colorado springs window tint down on 8th street. Small shop but they do phenomenal work. 155 out the door for my mustang. Great guys. As for other shops I cannot really suggest any as I'm lucky enough to not have any problems and I do most of my own work at the auto hobby shops on base (military) hopefully I can meet some of you guys here soon.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:53 PM
brent_G
2nd Gear Member

miller are you in the springs?
Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 PM
miller89
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by brent_G
miller are you in the springs?
Yes I am. I work at Peterson afb
Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 PM
brent_G
2nd Gear Member

gotcha. Im on fort carson
Old 12-26-2014, 10:43 AM
mustangneedshelp!

Mustang mechanic needed in Pueblo area! I am hoping this thread is still viewed and someone can help. My daughter has a 98 Mustang and the theft light is blinking on her dash and I think preventing it from starting. One day while out her car just didn't start and we had to tow it home. She did have a minor accident but the car ran fine for several months after and then just wouldn't start. We were told (by friend) it was the starter so we replaced... didn't fix it. We just replaced fuel pump and filter. The car sounds like it wants to kick over but it doesn't. We have tried the button in the truck and checked the fuses so next option is the PATS systems we have been reading about that may be connected to theft light blinking/car not getting fuel to kick over. We are pretty sure it was not blinking until the fuel pump was changed but no one knows for sure... it could have been that the whole time and no one noticed. Anyone? We are willing to pay!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:11 PM
trainermanny

Any good places in the Springs? I think I need a new oil pan or atleast a gasket. I usually do everything myself but don't want to jack up the engine on a 2002 V6 I just bought. Any suggestions? Below is a pic of the oil pan. What do you think?
Old 05-24-2015, 10:18 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Might check out Adams Automotive in Castle Rock. I have not used them myself, but they are a reputable company. There are several that advertise on TV.
Not very many Colorado folks on here, glad to have you.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Colorado Mustang Willy

Default Buddy doing side jobs

Originally Posted by 07graygt
So i wanted to add that I have a friend that i work with, who used to work for ford for many years. does side work in his garage. i know really well and know he does good work and is always looking for side work. Im probablly going to have him install my cams when the time comes he said about 400 for complete install. which i dont think is to bad.
I know this forum is OLD, but is your buddy that used to work at Ford, still doing side jobs? I am looking at getting some suspension work done.

Thanks!!