Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you park with the top down???

Old 04-23-2007, 10:34 PM
shamntgmry@yahoo.com
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Do you park with the top down???

I do all the time I guess since i got it a month ago. I have been using a leather cleaner and conditioner/ protectant prutty heavely. Just watch out for bird **** and sometimes people are jelous and spit in there is what I hear...............Use a good leather conditioner often if you have leather
Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 PM
crusher101
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Card

At night, I always close her up. During the day I never put the top up just because I'm going to be away from her. I don't leave much visible, a CD case in the back seat and occasionally my pistol, locked in the glove box. I had a convertible when I was a kid and learned that if they want to steal it, the top isn't a very good line of defense. So I really think of her being wide open, even with the top up, but it helps me keep the interior uncluttered.
better they cost you 50 bucks in assorted items than enough cash for a new top or premium car payment raise...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Card

Exactly, Crusher!! Although, here in Michigan your insurance rate can't be increased for anything that happens to it while it's parked.....
Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 AM
PAINTEDPONY
1st Gear Member

I always cover herunless she isin my sight.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Syracuse Pimp

if i cant see it for more than a minute or two i gotta put the top. theres a lot of desperate crazy a$$holes in new york
Old 04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Dirty Work

I don't leave much visible, a CD case in the back seat and occasionally my pistol, locked in the glove box.
You Americans are insane. Why the Fukc would you EVER need a Pistol? --Oh yeah, because of all the other small dick americans that haveone. Respect people and they will respect you, simple as that. I guess you were the bully in pre-school eh?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
DJPcustoms
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dirty Work

I don't leave much visible, a CD case in the back seat and occasionally my pistol, locked in the glove box.
You Americans are insane. Why the Fukc would you EVER need a Pistol? --Oh yeah, because of all the other small dick americans that haveone. Respect people and they will respect you, simple as that. I guess you were the bully in pre-school eh?
Interesting view I guess.....

Too bad when you work in Law Enforcement/Corrections respect wont always protect yourself or your family. This is America, and if your not familiar yet with our country, the 2nd Amendment protects that right.

God Bless!!

Old 04-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Volusia
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Dirty Work

First of all God forbid a person protect himself and his family. Secondly, thank you DJPcustoms for putting a reply a lot nicer than I could. Thirdly I am sorry you arean ignoramus,Dirty Work.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Dirty Work

Sorry, my statement was a little generalized

The samefreedom that lets us speak our minds also allows you guys to carry guns and shoot eachother. What are you protecting yourselves and your family from? Other people with pistols right?... it's just strange to me. That handgun only serves one purpose, to kill humans. You can call it protecting all you want, but it really is just a tool for killing humans.

Protect your family by moving to a better neighborhood, or moving to a country that doesn't carry guns in their gloveboxes. That's what I choose.

We should send all the handguns in the US over seas to help where theguns are actually needed.

EDIT: Let's not start an off topic flame war, I accept that we all have different views on life. No need to call eachother names. I will discuss further by PM if anyone wants to debate this topic. I apologize for my broad generalization
Old 04-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Volusia
I ♥ Acer

You should probably have an idea of what your talking about before you speak. Bad things can happen no matter where you are, for instance Virginia Tech, the mall, or anywhere for that matter. Educate yourself and maybe you would know this. Also the purpose of the handgun is not just to kill people. Its about using necessary force. Again something you probablyknow nothing about. You dont have to kill someone just because you shoot them. God gives us common sense and my sense tells me that there are a lot of stupid people out there and that I dont want any harm to come to my family just because I dont have the means to protect them from those dumb people (and that doesmean protection from a gun necessarely, it could be knife). I hope you decide to you use your head a little and not talk about something you know absolutely nothing about.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you park with the top down???