Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Door Glass Drags on Convertible Top

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 08:33 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Default Passenger Door Glass Drags on Convertible Top

This might be lengthy but here goes:
I bought a used / rental 2007 Vista Blue Convertible that came from California at a local dealership. Not long after the purchase I noticed the door glass on the passenger side was dragging on the top. One day I just happened to look and found that it had cut the edge of the top where it is stitched so I contacted the dealer about it since it was still under warranty. The dealer agreed to replace the top and the interior carpet (carpet had holes in the rear near the tunnel) so I let them have the car for a few days. What a nightmare this has turned out to be. The guy changing the carpet dropped the drivers seat in the door jamb, dented and scratched the paint near the striker, damaged the striker, rear kick panels and door sill plates on both sides of the car not to mention scratching (to the metal) the paint near the door sill on both sides. The top people trashed the trim around the rear quarter and mildly scratched the clear coat in various locations around the rear of the car. Since that occured, my airbag light has been on and will not clear. I've been to the dealership twice since the top was changed and they still have not completed the repairs although they have been very nice about the damage and the service manager has bent over backwards to assist me. Latest visit they told me they cannot figure out how to fix the passenger side door glass from dragging on the top and now I need new seatbelts in the front. Ok enough ranting....Has anyone had the same door glass problem and how was it fixed? The glass is supposed to drop when you open the door but it is not doing so quick enough and thus drags the top corner on the top. If the top gets cut again, the dealership will replace it but I don't want to go through that again.