Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cats sleeping on my top

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:00 AM
PUDman
1st Gear Member

Default cats sleeping on my top

does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep cats off my ragtop? i just put on a new top, and the freakin cats love to sleep on it. they stretch it out and cover it with hair. need help quick
Old 08-24-2008, 04:46 AM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Buy a car cover or a pet barrier spray...
Old 08-29-2008, 01:53 PM
fote03
1st Gear Member

moth *****
Old 08-29-2008, 02:00 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

I look out the window once in a while, if the neigbor cat is on the roof I set off the alarm Usually just one occurrence convnces kitty not to do that anymore
Old 08-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by PUDman
does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep cats off my ragtop? i just put on a new top, and the freakin cats love to sleep on it. they stretch it out and cover it with hair. need help quick
Scare the beejebus out of it once or twice while it's sleeping on your top. Cats HATE being scared and will stay away from an area they can expect to be scared.

My cat used to love to sleep on top of one of our couches. I snuck up on it a couple times and scared the crap out of it, doesnt' go near that couch now and always slinks if it walks by it and see's me watching it.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM
thewheelman
2nd Gear Member

Not to irk any PETA folks, but as they say in eastern KY, "they needed killin' " applies here. There are several ways to keep that particular cat off your roof, the first that comes to mind is a saucer of antifreeze.....no, really, I had one that camped out on the top of one of my cars about 3 nights a week. I finally called the owner, who basically said, "kill it" but we were in the heart of a residential section and I hated for the body to show up in my trash bin..... I called animal control and they brought me a baited catch-and-release trap. Caught the little booger on the first night. She's chasing mice at an abandoned farm house about 6 miles out of town now....provided she's smart enough to know what mice are.....
Old 09-28-2008, 02:19 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

12 guage
Old 09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Chuckles_5.0
2nd Gear Member

I agree, a twelve gauge would kill the cat...just make sure its not on your roof when you shoot it. lol. j/k

Scare the Crap out of it, or if you are brave enough (or it don't have claws) grab it and just chuck it down the drive way, which will scare the crap out of it (if you catch it while it's sleeping) and be alot more fun than JUST scaring the crap out of it. lol, (thats how I tought my cat to stay out of my room.) A few good throws and it should get the hint.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:56 AM
unlisted
1st Gear Member

hmm.. well, all is good for scaring the cat, BUT, remember, its:

1. on a ragtop
2. Scared crapless
3. has claws (even de-clawed cats normally still have rear paw claws)
4. its on a ragtop.
5. its gonna use claws for traction....

I'd say goto a pet store, there is a spray you can get around $4.00 and its a animal repellent. It does NOT stain fabric at all. (of course, try it in a small, unnoticeable corner first, who knows what sunlight will do to it?)

if sunlight does mark it, I would suggest popping the top, and spraying the fabric on the seam where it meets the front window seal, and below the rear window glass where it "hides" in the trunk storage- that way, the 2 main ways the cat would walk up to get onto the roof would "smell bad" to it.

Last edited by unlisted; 10-01-2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Chuckles_5.0
2nd Gear Member

ok, so that would be the smartest way to do it.
(chucking the cat down the drive way would still be the funest way.)

Quick Reply: cats sleeping on my top