Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S197 Ragtop Owners: Quick question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Your experiencing what I dreaded when I went in for service, what should be a few simple fixes turns into a nightmare. I went through similar issues. Although not to the extent you did.

I originally took it to the dealership for the tension cable TSB, airbag recall, and fuel pump TSB. I got the car back, only to find they said the fuel pump TSB didn't apply (it did) and they had to order the cables. So they did nothing during the first trip, except reflash the RCM for the airbag issue after keeping my car the entire day.

I called Ford Customer Support, and after several calls with Ford and the dealership, and pictures of the manufacture date on the fuel pump (that I had to get as the dealership wouldn't check it), I finally got them to agree to replace the fuel pump. I also raised an issue with the seat leather, and they were going to have the detail shop examine it. They wanted to see if they could clean it or if it needed replacement. So once the cables arrived, I took the car back up there to have the items fixed.

I got the car back, and the top was misaligned around the back window. Too much slack on one side, and too tight on the other. They agreed to have the trim shop readjust it. By this time, they had also ordered another cover for the seat, as the detail shop hadn't been able to address the issue the leather had. Again, it went back to the dealership.

I showed back up to pick up my car, and they had left it at the trim shop. The trim shop was closed, and they had no way to get my car. I was extremely pissed at the oversight, and honestly I kept fairly quiet for fear of exploding. I do think they go the idea I was pissed due to my short sarcastic answers as they were lining me up a loaner for the night.

The next day I picked up the car, and brought it home. All issues have now been addressed. Was it worth it. Yes. However, it was one heck of a ride to get to this point. The issues were fairly simple and minor overall. It really shouldn't have taken this much effort on my part to have them fixed.

I think I would have simply rather done the work myself and had them provide me the materials under the warranty. Too bad it doesn't work that way though.

Hopefully you'll get to the end of the tunnel soon S197GT07. You've had a pretty rough experience to say the least!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:32 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

wow, thats a crazy story as well!

The end is near, i brought it down today and they had the tip alligned. I also have an appointment on monday to go back down so they can replace the bumper, so im just glad its almost over!!!