Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Mustang Convertible standing water in the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 02:36 AM
kllrb76

Default 2011 Mustang Convertible standing water in the trunk

I am new here and need some help. I left my Mustang out of the garage yesterday and it rained. Went to the trunk this moring and found 1 inch of standing water. Has anyone else had this problem with 2011 verts.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 AM
plumbago

I did have this happen once on my 2011, where I found some water in the trunk, after washing it. I put the top up and down a couple times, and it has not leaked since. I think the seal under the rear top cowl just got out of place or something like that. You can reach under there and feel if it is tight and smooth. Sorry I can't be more help, but it should not leak, and I'd take it to the Dealer if I had any further trouble......best regards Plum

Last edited by plumbago; 09-28-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:41 PM
scan1959
1st Gear Member

Your convert. top design (they've been the same since '05) has a flexible gutter under the back lip of the convertible. I think it's likely this gutter might have been dislodged somehow.

I'd have the dealer figure this problem out, it's part of the reason a person buys new. So that they don't have to deal with problems.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

^^^agreed...
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 PM
MarioG

I've had the same problem with my 2011 mustang convertible. This problem occur when I'm parked in a slope and it raining. It's a default in the design of the mustang.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
WesleyEng.com
2nd Gear Member

I have a 2012 Convertible and I found water in my trunk while parked on an incline in my driveway this weekend. I had to pull the rubber plug next to the spare to drain the water out. The spare tire cover was wet as well, more towards the sides than the center.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
MarioG

Dear WesleyEng.com,

You have exactly the same problem that I have and Ford told me that they will not do anything to solve this problem. The best answer that I received from my dealer is to park my Mustang in the other side. If you want ou can contact me by email to mario.guerin@cgocable.ca
Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM
WesleyEng.com
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarioG
Dear WesleyEng.com,

You have exactly the same problem that I have and Ford told me that they will not do anything to solve this problem. The best answer that I received from my dealer is to park my Mustang in the other side. If you want ou can contact me by email to mario.guerin@cgocable.ca
So you think it is for sure that it's because we park on a slope?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
WesleyEng.com
2nd Gear Member

I found out where the leak is coming from. The upper right corner where I placed paper towels, to the right of the first aid kit.

I hosed some water onto my rear window, while parked facing uphill and saw water dripping down from there once I opened the trunk. This morning I went to a touchless automatic car wash, with high pressure water jets, and had no leaks at all afterwards. It's raining right now and I'm parked facing downhill, so we'll see how it goes from there...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 PM
MarioG

I'm sure that you will have some water in your trunk. Just look above your first aid kit you will see a hole in the frame. You have a hole on the right side and another on the left side. The water come by those holes.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang Convertible standing water in the trunk