Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible Frame Adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 05:14 PM
onewheat

Default Convertible Frame Adjustable?

I have an '02 Roush convertible that was my son's car. I was wondering if there is an adjustment for the convertible frame of the vehicle? The reason I ask is, When the top is up and the windows are up, if you open and then close the door, the door windows (both sides) do not quite fit "into" the weatherstrip above the window, rather it hits and creates a gap at the rear of the window with the rear quarter window. If the door is closed and then the window is put up, it hits right in the weatherstrip groove where it should and this gap is greatly reduced. If you look at the top frame, there is a hinge above the center of the door window that sags slightly when the window is down. If the window is out up with the door closed, it pushes this hinge more straight and reduces that sag. If you then open the door, it sags again, creating the interference for the window when you close the door. I can post a picture to better illustrate this if it is confusing. I guess what I'm looking for is an adjustment to better close the gap in that hinge. Other than that, the top works well - up and down. It just creates a gap between the two windows making rain problematic. Any ideas? I'm new to the car and convertibles in general.