rear window questions -

Go Back > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech > Convertible Tech

Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.

rear window questions

Old 03-26-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
Vehicle: 03 ford mustang
Default rear window questions

I have a 03 vert I just purchased. The right qtr window does not go down at all and the left qtr window randomly operates. What should I check or replace 1st? should I just replace the drivers switch first? how do you check if the motors are bad?

oh3stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
4th Gear Member
Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

I do not think the windows are fused individual. Most likely a bad motor. Pull the panel to access the motor. Using a digital volt meter, check for power at the motor plug when the switch is operated. Power there....replace motor. No power, look into switches or wiring.

The power is reversed for the different directions so check both directions.
Retired USAF
Panama City, Fl.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Sold them all.....
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS, 08 GT Vert
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote