Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > General Tech > Convertible Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
jimbir

Vehicle: '06 Mustang ragtop
Default Rocker panel question

I have a 2006 convertible. How do I remove the plastic covers from the rocker panels? Are here any pictures or you tube videos showing how to do this?
Thanks. Jim B.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
edwin108
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 GT
shlbygt500 shlbygt500

This manual for the Roush kit shows how to remove the factory molding: http://www.roushperformance.com/part...009-401337.pdf

edwin108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
jimbir

Thanks. I've pulled the two front and all the bottom pins but the molding won't budge. The instruction don't say exactly what to do next and I don't want to break anything.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
jimbir

Maybe I should ask this question. If I get the moldings off the rocker panels, will this allow me access to the inside of the panels? After it rains, I can hear water sloshing around. I'm assuming this is in the rocker panels. After the rain stops, it takes days for the water to stop dripping out of the drain slots. I've checked them with a piece of wire and they appear to be open. what sholld I do next?
Old 05-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #5
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

Possibly water in the doors.....many Mustangs have that issue.
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #6
jimbir

So, looking at the car, I noticed it has a cool rake with the front lower than the back. I drove it up on on some ramps to get the rocker panels slanted front higher than the back and, voila, the trapped water poured out the drains. No more sloshing. If you can park your car with the front end up hill, you won't need ramps.

Last edited by jimbir; 05-10-2014 at 10:54 AM.
jimbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:51 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement