Cruizin Concepts Our benchmarks are quality customer service, low prices and a diverse selection of Mustang specific parts such as wheels, brakes and exhaust. We are renowned for having the largest Mustang specific selection of aftermarket wheels and tires in North America. Find several wheel replica styles and other quality brands, such as Chip Foose, Godspeed and American Racing.

20" rim & tire question

Old 08-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

Default 20" rim & tire question

Mike,
quick question: After seeing a set of the stealth godspeed black, 20" on a 2010.. I'm considering the same, are there any fitment issues, i.e. rubbing or anything in the front or rear?
any other issues going to a much larger, wider rim?
just want to be sure as there is nothing worse than taking off the oem rims/tires to then not have a good smooth ride.
Also, are they still on sale as a package with the tires?

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

these are the ones that I was looking at..
Attached Thumbnails 20" rim & tire question-stealth_godspeed_lg.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 AM
wiking
1st Gear Member

No offence since this question was not directed to me, but I have this set with the Toyo Proxes4 (255fr/295rear). Put Eibach pro springs w/Tokico D-Specs after putting on the tires. I was worried about rubbing the fenders, fitment etc. Messaged another forum member with the same sized tires and set-up who told me what I know now. I have not had a single instance where my tires have rubbed or any other issue concerning tires/wheels. I do have to be sort of careful because the car is lowered though (curbs, dips, holes, etc - hitting the underside of the car). Have a little over 6000miles so far on this set without any kind of problem. IMPO, these look amazing on a mustang (esp grabber blue since I am partial to that color) and you will be glad you got them (that is if you do).
Old 08-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

they do look amazing!
answers from you (someone who has this setup) are just as good and I thank you for responding!
I hope they look as good on white as they do on your grabber blue!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:10 AM
wiking
1st Gear Member

You can always get a pic off the album (wiking) and photoshop it to a white car. Without that, I think you will be pleased with the result when you get them on. Just lower the car next with whatever brand you want and you will be amazed at how much of a difference it makes. The first stranger that comes up to you and just says "d**n, that's an awesome car" (or whatever compliment), that will tell you that you made the right choice. You don't realize how much of a difference it will make till you can actually SEE it with your own eyes and on YOUR car. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

thanks again. I am giving these serious consideration. working on exhaust this week, between exhaust and rims/tires, it so hard to decide, especially with the exhaust... have to see and hear in person in order to really decide
anyways, your car looks great! I really love the grabber blue, in fact when I am ready for my 5.0 in a year or two, I'm thinking of that combo!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
CruizinConceptsJohn
Former Sponsor

Thanks Wiking, its always nice to have someone who owns the product comment on it. At first I wasn't a fan of the Grabber, but after seeing what they look like with some contrast(i.e. black wheels, emblems and lowered) I think they are one of the best colored cars for customizing. No, the 295s won't rub unless you drop it more than 2"(too much for a Mustang). Wiking, think you can get any videos of that car up while running? I want to hear it.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:21 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I have fr500 rims that are 20x8.5 front and 20x10 in the rear no problems rubbing anywhere, and get compliments everywhere I go. I Love those rims too!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

cool, thanks guys for the feedback...
I think I'll have to get these...soon lol...
hope they look ok on white!

last question for you guys, is it a problem getting tires later, in that size. i.e. are they super expensive or hard to find etc?

Thanks again!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 AM
wiking
1st Gear Member

I think I might try these next as an example - you can find these cheaper by the way if you really look.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 20" rim & tire question