Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

How often should I be waxing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 AM
LCarder

Default RE: How often should I be waxing?

For my money I'll stick with anything Meguiars. I've been using theirproducts for over 30 years and can't be happier. The bottom line is simple: Are you happy with the look and feel after you wash & wax? Remember, you'll never get a silver car to look like a black or any other dark rich color, but you can make it the best it can be. You're probably OK with waxing on the schedule mentioned. Some of us are a little crazier like once a week for a garage kept and covered Rio Red 99 GT, but then again some of us are obsessive. My dad always said to run your fingertips over the car and if it didn't feel like glass ...get to work. I would also recommend a microfiber cloth if you don't have one; really makes a difference. I would also recommend washing the salt off just as soon as you can. It's obviously cold and nasty where you live, but if you want to outshine the other guy you gotta pay the price and get the salt off as soon as it gets on.